Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Days of 47, stake parade float.

Ryleigh and I have a goal to complete the young womanhood personal progress. I really wanted to do it again. It has changed so much since I earned it as a youth and even since I was a leader. Now that the program might be changing again,  I really wanted to have it accomplished and so does Ry before then. That way she will still have time to do the new program, if there is one, before she ages out of Young Women's. Then I will have a goal to do whatever will be coming/staying with the little girls. Alex is working toward his Faith in God and nearly has it accomplished. He just has two more experiences to finish and memorize 6 more Articles of Faith. He has until April to accomplish it, so I am confident he will be successful.

One of our Value 10 hour projects was to help on the Stake float. We loved it! It was fun to see our hard work going down the street. We learned a lot about what goes into float making. I could never do anything like the amazing folks who designed and put it together, but both Ry and I agreed that we loved doing it. It even received an award. We spent way more than 10 hours on it.






Another Of my ten hour projects was to plant a garden. Lots of the things that I am doing in my life already work as projects. I planned out, planted and am harvesting and preserving right now. The garden has been prayed over and is certainly something that has blessed our life. We have turned into little tan Homies because we spend so much time out in the garden. For dinner we call our meals "garden delight", because we use all our fresh fruits and veggies for our dinner. The kids have learned to make some very yummy dishes. We have tried a few veggies that we won't ever try again. There is a bit of trial and error. For instance, I am having watering issues with some of my tomatoes, they keep getting blossom end rot, and we tried turnips... (those are nasty) this year we have 6 different varieties of hot peppers, and they are growing sooooooooo much. We just can't have that much hot stuff. Two of my three Zucchini were consumed by squash bugs, so my big plans for Zoodles and zucchini bread have slimmed down a bit. Instead we will have tons and tons of spaghetti squash spaghetti. My neighbor brought us a rhubarb cake and the recipe, and now I know what to make with all the rhubarb I have frozen. It was amazingly good.
This is when this were just beginning to grow

This is now that everything is pretty established.
















No comments: