Pages

Monday, November 15, 2021

The Great Homie addition Adventure part 5

 With the concrete poured, its time for the walls to go up, as well as for more demo of old walls and  the kitchen. We are so thankful for all of the helping hands. Asher has his favorite Demo Dixon (s). I guess his favorite is anyone who would let him on a ladder or to swing a hammer... he was all about that. Demo is clear and distraction is pretty straight forward. It when you have to follow instructions for building, that Asher at 5 struggled. But anytime you are just trying to bust something up or take it down, that is easy to understand. This is what it looks like inside the house as we begin demo and open walls. We put up temporary walls to protect us against the elements and also critters that might want to join us. 




It is truly a learning experience for me. If we didn't know how to do something we spent a lot of time researching or trying things again. I had to cut this and cap it. The cutting wasn't so bad, or fitting the cap end over. The most difficult part was taping. I didn't need birthday present worthy taping, just not a total hack job. I think I re-taped like 6 times. 

I also learned a little sprinkler maintainence
Everyone helped to the best of their abilities. 


It was super exciting when we saw this pull up... I sent the below picture to Jeff with a happy excited emoji.






















































No comments: