Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Feels like fall

Family pictures before Ry Ry left. It has been great to chat with her. I just love that girl. She is officially in France. Doing great and has loads of nurturing to do, of the seeds that were planted by missionaries before her. Her companion/trainer is Sister Morgan from Herriman. Lucky two Utah girlies get to be together. 

I went to be a helper at the school for Asher's Halloween party. One of the other mom's did a fantastic job of putting the party together and I can just come over and help. I am not a very good engine, but a fantastic train car/caboose. 

As per tradition: Mummy Dogs
Schmee and Liv are Mike and Sully
 
May and Loretta are aliens 
Crash is a light up mask guy, Jeff is Talmage (IYKYK), and Cal is ...... I can't remember...
 
Better view of Jeff's Talmage costume.  Me: Take chances, make mistakes, get messy.. From the Frizz... Ms. Frizzle.
This is Alex and me at his cardiology appointment. It was so so early. But we were trying to minimize how much school he misses, because it is very easy to get behind in high school. The appointment went great. His health is really good. He has some kid to adult transition stuff they would like him to work on. This means, as he ages out of pediatric care, he will need to take care of things himself. They begin now to teach him about every medication he takes, how to fill out an intake form at an appointment, how to fill pill boxes and order refills, medication refill status on pill bottles, how to talk to doctors and nurses about his care and then tell me about those appointments, and a lot more useful and important information. It is pretty amazing that a kid can manage that much about himself. It's my job to teach him about laundry, budgeting, shopping, cooking.... well, you get he idea. Then you throw in a medical complexity, it's a lot to think about. So the transplant team is really smart to have a program in place. The more prepared he is for adulting, the better off his likely hood of keeping his heart stronger for longer.
This is the MTB banquet and awards night. 

Volt cycle wear did a great job with he teams kit. Gator is right in the middle...



Milo loves the snuggles. In the morning when I am trying to make my bed he does this. Flips to his back and makes you rub his belly.

  
Ash had a flu bug. He puked all night, it was not a fun Sunday morning. So we all stayed home so we didn't share any sickness with anyone at church.


He fell asleep at 7 PM



 this is her 2D piece. It received Excellent.
This is her 3D piece. It recieved Merit. It was also a cool process to learn how to pour resin.   
                               This is Asher's 2D piece. This was actually super fun to do. I did mine at the same time because it was such a neat process. The black is glue with black paint in it. Kinda like homemade puff paint. This received Merit


     Asher's 3D piece, this received Exellent.

MayLee received two awards of excellence and one award of merit for her art in the Reflections contest.
Asher received one award of Excellence, on award of Merit, and one participation award for his entries.
I couldn't find the copies of their photos. But they were awesome. I am always surprised when the kids bring me photos they shot all on their own. Actually all of their art surprises me. It surprises me because I underestimate their abilities. MayLee's Photo received Excellent and Asher's got a participation award.


My hair was soooo long, and heating me up and in everything. It took forever to do and the ends were so translucent. I usually just cut and color my own. but I can only reach the front of my head. So the fantastic Missy and I traded. I straighten it to make it easier to color, It almost reached my booty

 Straight hair

This is us (except Jeff had to go to church meetings) after visiting Grandpa Groesbeck for the last time. He passed the next morning. And while I am sad, I almost giggle when I think of him being reunited with my grandma again. Knowing the two of them, she probably grabbed him in a huge hug, and said " I am so glad you are finally here, we have so much to do" and the went hand in hand to work. Chicken Bacon Ranch for all the Homies.


 
Finished product. About eight inches off, shrunk up another 2 to 4. Took about 7 minutes to dry instead of 37 and a huge save on product. 
Hey Milo boy
We have another water leak. Milo likes to come out and help me access things.

Tried the pumpkin Frosty at Wendy's. Yep, pretty good. Check that off of my to do list. 



No comments: