Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Day #6- Coping

Often times people say "how do you make it through?" 
There are some incredible coping tools that I was taught...
#1- quit thinking that I was the only person in this world who was afflicted. It doesn't help to think I was, everyone, EVERYONE, has something that they are experiencing. My belief based on my faithis that these experiences are why we are even here on earth. So I need to rock my experiences. ALL OF THEM. 
#2- it's not me. It's my village that carries me through. It's my parents/in-laws, siblings, neighbors, friends, heart mom trust, ward(church) and by extension my stake, the teams of doctors and nurses and hospital folks, kid's school personnel, pediatrician, and hundreds of kind hearted people who share a bit of themselves so that the broken parts of me are filled in, rather than leaking out. 
#3- gratitude... I am just so darn thankful for things that others do in my behalf. Almost every single person I have ever met is good, they want to be helpful and caring. Not very many people in this world are deliberately trying to be stinkers. And if they are it's cause their trile is bigger than mine and I should extend a little patience their direction. If you are genuinely grateful for the efforts of others, chances are they want to do even more because they see the value. 
#4- being depressed, sad, and frustrated has it place and time. I have heard that people grieve differently and that is true. My time frame is a little shorter. Not because I don't feel these emotions, but because I can't usually change the outcome. I can't change Alex's heart, Mays lungs, my defective lady parts... But it is exhausting to be angry. It is physically tiring to be sad for a long time. 
#5- I have the best companion and best friend. Having someone to trust completely and who will love me regardless of my grouchy times.. Yes, folks... That is my biggest and best coping strategy. 

No comments: