Pages

Monday, December 19, 2022

Wednesday 14th, Thursday 15th, Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, Sunday 18th.....

 Wednesday-Alex shared his story at a 360 conference. He is doing such a great job. It is an absolute pleasure to be able to personally thank so many individuals and talk about what it's like to be in the hospital. Sometimes it isn't really awesome to be inpatient and to be in pain. It isn't awesome to be scared and to be worried. But, moments like these when we reflect a little on how far we have come and how grateful we are, are side benefits.




Also, Asher had his well Check that day with our favorite Dr. Mashkuri... She has been the best pediatrician. We were set up with her while she was on call when Ryleigh was born and has been with all the kids since. She came up to PCH to visit Alex when he was doing well so she could help me when he wasn't. She believed me, and helped us get May diagnosed, and then talked me off the ledge when it was bigger than we both thought.  She found Asher's heart defects at his 4 year well check. She has been such an amazing part of our family. Ashy is doing great BTW.


Thursday was rough, my very sweetest friend/teaching partners' family had a massive health crisis and I was so worried. But after many prayers and lots of phone calls; they are well and trucking on. Their strength and resiliency is inspiring. I may or may not have snapped at my husband and children a lot that day. Good thing they are a forgiving lot.

Friday- Asher built gingerbread houses in school. OH MY GOSH!!!! Brave teachers (seriously so much tempting sugar). The kids weren't supposed to eat any of the candy at school. So CrAsher ate the frosting instead. I am sure he got just as much sugar that way. Hahaha. I have the worst brain and didn't even go to help out. There are some pretty awesome moms who covered for me and took pictures of my kid for me.





The red and green M&M's are mistletoe, the two cinnamon bears are smooching underneath. They didn't make it home smooching. and the rest is "after the party". I think so he could eat the frosting and put as much candy on the plate as possible.

Asher's pictures came home from school. I always die laughing at his smiles. Those taking the pictures must think "who is this kid?" but besides the crazy face, he is a carbon copy of his daddy. 


Saturday- we cleaned the church, went to a bridal shower and did some shopping and house cleaning. 

Sunday- May was the reverent child. Jeff spoke in our ward. He did a really good job. I thought it was cool that he spoke about his experience in Az with his son. The sacrament was in ASL and seeing that for both guys was really neat as it was visual and meant more seeing it. He also spoke about the temple and taught everyone, but spoke as if he was teaching Ry. He didn't want to embarrass her, but it was more personal that way. As a father would teach his child, not a leader preaching the do's and don'ts. Jeff smoked some pork that was soooooo amazing. We had Homers over for dinner. yummy... then we went to Christmas musical fireside at the Stake Center. I love actually getting to sit and enjoy, rather than be in it... 






No comments: