Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2023

13th Birthday on Friday the 13th




 Eden is officially a teen. She had a spooky birthday. I think the first ever. I thought she would want more Halloween themed parties, this is actually her first. We had pizza and ice cream sundaes. She wanted to watch the new Haunted Mansion movie, but she ended up just laughing and talking. I got zero photos from the party. 


Saturday the eclipse was visible from our front door. We didn't have viewing glasses, so we tried the pin-hole paper. which didn't really work. I should have been better prepared because MayLee was so fascinated by it. We tried a few different viewing strategies, but nothing worked correctly. 




The lady at the library was able to capture these pictures and sent them to me. May was very impressed. 

This is the cool crescent shaped shadow. 

 After our housework was done, daddy had put in 75 miles on his bike, and Ry finished up classes, we thought it would be fun to go look at the witches at Gardner Village and go to dinner. Gator isn't pictured because he had a Young Mens activity and stk dance. 

kinda hoping Ry gets to go into Switzerland. Its part of her mission. #missiondreams
  
 



We did family pictures tonight. Nick was so awesome and took them for us. I told the kids they were doing it for me. I like having visual reminders. They weren't pumped about it. But complied for me. We drop Ry off at the airport bright and early tomorrow morning. The funniest things are, we all can't fit into one car with all her luggage. We have a seniority rule about who sits in what seats in the car. Asher is excited he won't be the squished man in the back anymore. Eden has been teasing Ry about stealing her room, since she got her call.  MayLee says she will miss her the most. Alex is a dude who doesn't talk much about it, so I am not totally sure how he feels. Milo won't understand what is missing till she comes back. 

No comments: