Pages

Monday, October 9, 2023

So it’s kinda harder than we thought.

 I think maybe…  just a teeny bit….. now pretty sure…I was under the impression that HMTC ( home missionary training center) would be a breeze. I mean, come on, furReals. I am confident that this girl knows French. Granted, It was exciting and she was up early and so darling in her dress with her tag and cute hair and make up. But, gah! Everyone else is from France, except her Companion (I think). So she is trying to read, process, memorize the important parts, translate into English so it sticks, and it’s a fire hose drink of information. Good, solid, and important information she doesn’t want to forget. So she wants to be good at everything right now. Eat the whole elephant in one bite, if you know what I mean. 

I was like, “it’s your first day. It’s going to be butterflies and rainbows someday??? Right????”  


Plus PTA meetings, work, school, piano lessons, dance class, MTB, riding Imigration canyon….it was an all around busy day for everyone. 

We went to Walmart to get the photos for her plaque and the cutest little girl said “Hi Sister Missionary” and she was so happy. 

These sweet friends stopped over to bring her a treat and some encouragement!! 

MayLee tried her hand at making zucchini bread. She is helping me to use up the zucchini’s from our garden. She probably had a new job as bread maker. It was tasty.

And all the sudden Alex got taller than me. Weird. I must be shrinking. And I found a heart shaped waffle maker. Cause heart anything is my favorite. I am pretty sure it will make the waffles taste so much better. 

No comments: