Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It went just like that!

I have so much to be thankful for... I just wanted to say that. 

Asher will be 2 months tomorrow. These days I just blink and my kids have changed. He is already wearing 3-6 months clothes. Tomorrow he goes in for his welll check and I am curious to see how big he is. Asher takes gaining weight and eating very seriously. He is kind of my fussy little guy. I think he wants to make himself known and not forgotten number five.  He is so loved and a great snuggler. And boy can this dude belch. That is probably why he fusses. Darn gassy tummy.  

He is smiling a little now and pretty soon here, I am sure we will hear him laughing at all the crazy things his big brother and sisters do.

He really is a sweet little guy. 
I either don't get anything done... Or I put him down and risk waking up this sweet face.

MayLee is officially potty trained. We visit every potty, at every place we go, multiple times in fact. She is deathly afraid of the potty at the blue park. The darn thing flushes all by itself and its incredibly loud. She flew off of it and refused to go. There was a Honey Bucket across the street which was just as bad. She has bathroom OCD... There can't be tp on th floor, nor any remnants in the potty, it can't even smell bad or she flips out. We have to have the scrubber near at home in order to keep her potty clean and ready for her. She could be the bathroom inspector.



Eden has been a champ getting her teeth fixed and promising to brush away all the cavity bugs.


She keeps us laughing.
Biggest news of ALL!!! She learned how to ride a two wheeler. Her bicycle loving daddy couldn't be more proud. She has had a few spills but gets back up and does it again. She must have it in her blood, and a daddy with all the right teaching techniques.
It always amazes me how fast kids can pick it up. Just four years old and has it down. I think the biggest motivation was a pair of fingerless bike riding gloves she wants. I told her once she got it down we would go pick out a pair. I guess I am going to the store tomorrow to find some.





Gator finally had his friend birthday party. Papa Clawson brought his screen/eqiuipment and we watched "Home" with so many treats and popcorn we were all sick. It was a riot. I hadn't ever seen the movie before this night and I bought it hoping it was a good one. It is darling!!!! Thanks Papa and Gram  for making this such a fun birthday. Thanks friends for the nice gifts you gave him. We are richly blessed. 
Ry is my right hand lady. She will be a fantastic babysitter. She can even change a poopy diaper on a wiggly baby brother. (Those guys are hard, on account that they have a shooter that can spray fire hose status) I am super lucky to have her around. I don't think she is pumped about tracking off this Friday because she loves school so much.. I know, I know... she loves school.. What the what??? 
Our dear friends the Englands came into town for a visit. They even made it to Asher's blessing. We soaked up what time with them we could.

I don't have any awesome pictures of self... I do have my insides from my colonoscopy. I don't think I should share. I have heard pretty much every bum joke lately. I also told the doctor I probably had the cutest bum he had seen all day. Yup that's right. I also said a few other choice things while waking up from the anesthesia, however, I choose not to say them again. I went to the doctor yesterday for follow up. The biopsies they took came back clean (good thing because bum cancer isn't even the cute color. No pink ribbons... No cancer is cute BTW, I just didn't know what the awareness color was.. I thought perhaps brown, which didn't sound as cute as pink) I also don't have Crohn's disease. Apperantly a colonoscopy cannot go very far into the ilium or small intestine. This is were I was having the pain and also were the CT showed inflamation and abnormalities. So I did a blood test that is a little more intense which will give a better clue. If it doesn't show us what we want, then I get to do another test were I swallow a pill camera. I just hope I don't have to do a prep again. That my friends, is not fun. Especially with a nursing baby and a two year old... I dashed to the bathroom in the middle of a nursing session.. laid baby on the floor in the bathroom to save him from his sisters, who believe that he should be bathed in kisses. Close on my heals was MayLee who proceeded to put her fingers under the door and ask if I could see them... and knock.... and try and unlock the door..... then put little toys under the door.... All the while Eden needs a treat, or a drink, or could I get her a new game on the ipod... I think if you have to go through the prep you should at least get to do it while the kids sleep. I also finished the steroids.. It's a good darn thing. I am pretty sure I could eat us out of house and home. Those things make you starve all the time. Instead of loosing baby weight I am putting it back on. There is absolutly no willpower too, my brain says you are not only hungry, you are starving to death. I did feel better on them. So I started a new medication that I really hope works.  Thank you friends that knew about my embarrassing bum issues and have helped me so much. Sheesh... You never appreciate something like a gut until it doesnt work great. 

Our extended family is absolutely incredible. I am so blown away by how generous and thoughtful they all are. My Grandma and Grandpa Groesbeck have an amazing legacy of good people. They have 9 children, tons of grandchildren and great grandchildren. I wish I knew exact numbers. We all absolutly adore them. Grandma and Grandpa make you think that you are their favorite. Just so we are clear, it IS me. There are many in our heart community who don't have a great support system. It breaks my heart because it is such a valuable and amazing thing to be cared for by so many. They all worry, hope and pray for us. Each year at the family reunion we hold an auction of items that have been handmade or put together with love. I look forward to going because the talent of my family is pretty incredible. Then the money goes toward a scholarship for all of the grandkids to use for school. The scholarship money has been carefuly set aside and there was money left over. Our dear family put it towards all of our medical bills. I know Heavenly Father heard my prayers when I asked Him about this very thing. My dad brought it to us on Asher's blessing day. I was so overwhelmed. Thank You Family... We love you all. 

Not to leave anyone out... Our bunny is doing great!!!

oh, I mean Jeff is doing great. He just celebrated his birthday... 
He tried to volunteer at the Tour of Utah, but his wife screwed it up and he missed his check in time. He did get to watch it from the sidelines and we watched clips on his app. It is like a very important game to him. He doesn't get worked up about other sports, but we were streaming it from his phone to the TV and a call came in which turned off the race and he was up out of the chair, trying to figure out what happened and yelling at the TV and the phone. Whew!!! It was comical to witness. I really enjoy watching it too. He is staying busy with work and calling. He spoke at the youth fireside this last Sunday. He did a great job. How he can get up there and speak without throwing up is amazing? I get so nervous. 

Alright... I can't promise anything, but hopefully I will do a little Asher post tomorrow...







2 comments:

Hillary said...

There was so much awesome Brynn-ness in this post I just wanted to reach through my monitor and hug you!! I miss you lady! Love you so much and hope all is soooooooo amazing. You deserve nothing less.

Unknown said...

Sorry to read about the struggles you're having now, but it's so great to read about the "normal-ness" of everything else in your life! Really loving that! Hope your health gets straightened out soon! Hugs from a distance, my dear friend. ♡