Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

It's Cold outside...... Brrrrrrr

 Happy Heart-anniversary... Alex received his healthy heart eight years ago. That means he has had his new heart longer than his original. That is amazing to think about. He has been able to do so much with those extra years and we are truly grateful. When we found out in utero, at 18 weeks, that Alex would be born with a heart defect, I was devastated. I had an idea of how things typically go, and this was really not how that idea of life went. I think it was really good to grieve those feelings, then decide that it's okay that Alex wasn't going to be typical. We love him just the way he is. He has survived some pretty incredible things. I have been the witnesses to loads of miracles, not just in Alex's life; with all of our children. As well as mini-miracles. I believe he has done his best to use this gift to really live.... to try new things.... to love and be loved.... to learn, explore and rest... (because hospital life before transplant was BUSY) 

Alex is scheduled to take a look at his heart on the 3rd. While these procedures (what's actually being done) don't scare me. The.... going to the hospital to smell, hear, sit, wonder, pray, wait.... Those things get me a little worked up.

Oh My Gosh!!!! Eden went to 7th grade orientation. This girl is almost out of Elementry school. 

Alex did his first driving ranges....

There was an awesome morning-side on Wednesday. President Sutton has only been a Stake President for 9 days. But he did a fantastic job teaching us about covenants. My favorite thing he said was.....

"God doesn't want to you to be a good person. Good people are all over the place. God wants you to strive to be a Christ-like person. Those kind are covenant making and keeping people, and the good will come naturally and organically."

I registered Alex for FSY... that was sooooo hard. I sure did need a Diet Coke from the gas station as a reward for that crazy. HE IS IN!!! Whew... The system kept kicking me out, I couldn't figure out the photo business, until I realized my phone takes HEIC photos and I needed to convert it to JPG. Then I needed bishop's info... But because it kept kicking me out, I had to renter that informations a bajillion times....  I finally got smart and wrote everything down so I could reference it all in one spot instead of trying to find info on Tools and and Alex's personal info and all that jazz. I am not techy at all.

Mom came to hang with me and went to RS activity with me, we learned about some serious ways to save and I am pumped to try them.  

There were birthday parties and Stake Dances over the weekend. 

Ashy went to "Great to be 8" on Sunday. It was so cute. My baby is getting so big. 

Ry got a job this summer at Oakcrest. I am thrilled for her. She will be the assistant cook. There was a huge squeal from the basement and a "I GOT THE JOB"!!!!! 

 I am trying to live in the, right-this-minute... because there is always so much going on and I love it!!! 

 


No comments: