Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

Sugar!!!!

We went to the Obgyn today, just another routine check-up. I did the glucose testing. It is always an adventure for those of us who LIKE sugar, to avoid it for a day.(Am I right Deb?) And because we try to cater to Jeff's work, and schedule appointments as late as possible so he can work as late as possible, it felt like ALL day (those chocolates were calling my name). The doctor is amazed, Alex seems to even be measuring large. We listened to this incredibly strong whoosh whoosh and you would think we were all being fooled by how good his heart sounds. My health looks good, the glucose test results should come back next week. Other than that... Everything is fine.
So I have a question. We have taken Ryleigh with us to every appointment because I feel like this is such a special time for our family that she shouldn't have to miss hearing the heart beat, and visiting with the doctors. She is just as much a part of this as me or Jeff. My question is; am I wrong in bringing her? Should we find a sitter for her? Will this all be traumatic for her? Do you think she cares right now?
I also wanted to comment. I guess NOT comment. I have learned over a series of events, including infertility, miscarriage, and now this.. that I will never judge another person on what their choices for their family should be. Whether it is to have kids, to not, to have more, to do anything that involves any choices that are not rightfully mine. It's not fair. I will just be happy that it isn't my choice. I will be glad for them and wish them the best. I added this because I got the very well meaning, older lady, from the old ward at the grocery store say "well, your young, you can still have as many babies as you want. Or maybe you should just be happy with the one you have."- Don't get me wrong. I tell Heavenly Father daily how grateful I am for Ry, but Alex is still here and I am honestly really scared about going back on Chlomid. If that is what Jeff and I prayerfully decide to do. So although this comment may scare you. Remember, I know where her heart was, and I know that she was trying to be comforting... But I will not comment.
Well I will keep updating as we are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brynn:
I can only say, I just love you to pieces. Your situation with Alex makes me cry. I don't know how you are so strong. But I look up to you so much. You and Jeff are great examples of faith. I pray for you all the time. I have learned alot from your experience. I am so grateful for my children. I am reminded of how lucky I am, even when Jake is being a Turkey. We are so blessed to have children. I think you are doing the right thing by taking Ryleigh to your appointments. I am sure she enjoys listening to her little brother. I know Jake loved to feel Joey moving around before he was born. I think that is how they get to know them...
Brynn... if you need anything, please call me. You are not only the best hairdresser in the world, but a really good friend too!
Big Hugs!
Angie Nadauld

Anonymous said...

Brynn - who knows Ryleigh better than you Jeff and the Lord? Maybe it's just what she needs, maybe it's not. I think she will respond to whatever emotions you show at the appointments. Good luck with your choice. You'll make the right one. :)
ES