Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

It's the little things

Surprised I am posting so soon? 
Me too!!
I keep planning on going to sleep early and can't shut my brain down. 
Alex had a jam packed week. Wednesday he went on a date with Miss Elizabeth his "girlfriend". She has been a bright spot to so many dreary hospital days. She has been great to visit him so much. They went to lunch and to a movie. Alex had a ball and said it was really fun to be with Miss Elizabeth when we didn't have a lot of crazy stuff going on. We are so lucky to know her. 

Alex also got to go on a guy date with daddy.. They went to the Jazz game. It was a pretty close game which kept it interesting. 

They got some pretty rad hats. 


While the guys were gone the girls went shopping!! This is not necessarily my favorite event with the little girls. Ry and I could do some real bargain hunting if we didn't have the three short people in tow. Mine are the crazy children running around and getting static hair from crawling through the racks. I cried uncle after two stores.. We were on the hunt for Pea coats (not sure if you spell it that way.) Family pictures outside...I want darling coats, hats, gloves, and scarves. But not at the expense of my sanity.  
Blood draws Thursday morning took us to the hospital in our pjs. By now nobody really cares. 
I feel very sneaky when I make smoothies May will eat and they have spinach and other healthy things in them. She usually won't go for anything green.. I tell her she gets two options eat it or starve. Two-nagers, you just have to trick them.

 Both Alex and Eden got to go to the aquarium last week with friends. It was amazing. 

Jeff took me on a date to his LDS mission reunion. He was so happy to see people he served with. I have to say, I loved going. It's not like a high school reunion were I feel this immense pressure to be something I am not (skinny). It is being with people who had the same goal and purpose reuniting and sharing that memory and love of doing good.  

Saturday we did major cleaning. I always feel like there is so much to get done. We focused on the office. The kids did their jobs and then had a fun primary activity at the church. 
We killed the day by going to a wedding reception of a former Sister missionary that served in our area. The little girls thought she looked like a princess! 

Rest...

Tomorrow starts the whole thing over...





No comments: