Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

CHD Day #2- Diagnosis

Day #2- Diagnosis
It was kind of weird to go back and read the very first entry on our blog and think about how Alex was diagnosed. We found out at an 18 week check. It was right before Christmas and I wanted to know the gender of the baby so I could buy a little gift for it. Both my mom and my mother in law wanted to know also and suggested we ask the tech if they had just a few minutes to peak. I had lost twins right before I got pregnant with Alex and so seeing that he was truly in there was another of my hopes. Well sure enough she saw that he was a boy and then she saw something else. I knew right away that something was off because of the way she left the room. It was the same way she left to grab the doctor when the twins werent viable. Our doctor couldn’t give us much info because this wasnt our regular 20 week ultrasound and told us not to worry and to enjoy the holiday.. WHATTTTTT!!! he also refered us to Doctor Su at Primary Childrens Hospital. That was when the fun began………. His original diagnosis in utro, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome..

No comments: