Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Parenting Fails and Wins

Some days are wins as a parent and some days are fails as a parent..These all happened right before Christmas, But I haven't made time to add them here... So we are starting off with this... Then I am hoping to do a major catch up. 

The other day I heard Asher ask Alex if Santa Claus and Jesus were best friends. Alex was like, “totally, they both give gifts, Jesus gave His life so we could have eternal life, and Santa gives gifts of joy to everyone. They are buddies for sure”

Win!!!!

Then..

I guess there are just some textures that Asher can’t stomach, like...... cooked cauliflower for instance. I pushed and pushed him to finish his dinner, he really wanted cookies.. So he is gagging and I am laughing and laughing until he vomicked all over himself.. There was effort on his part to get it down. I still laughed because Ry is a sympathy puker and was about to loose her dinner too, she had to jump up and run out of the room before and smell or sight made her loose her own dinner. 

Fail..

Went to Sam’s club today to get a little shopping done. After visiting the restroom 5 times, you read that right 5 times... for two kids.. the last one after I had loaded everything into the car. We went back inside used the restroom and then came back out and was getting buckled in, I said to Ash, what are you eating??? He said a cookie, I hadn’t noticed those on the sample tables. He said “it was on the floor, (blows it off) it’s super tasty”

Fail..

Then we went to the tricky Copperton post office because the lines are super short (read non-existent) and we needed to mail off our Christmas cards and Julie’s ornament. 

Being a tiny town there aren’t any stores or gas stations or anything really. 

Asher has to use the potty.. of course it’s number 2. 

Because he would have happily just watered a tree, if it were simple like that. 

What was I to do? I checked the car for possible solutions. When I noticed that MayLee’s styrofoam cup with her soda from Sam’s club is in the cup holder. I also travel with wipes and hand sanitizer.. ALWAYS!! 

Did you know that a Sam’s club Styrofoam cups can hold a 37 lb toddler while he happily sits on it, in the back of the mini van with the door up. Yup, that kid can drop one anywhere. 

Win!!! (HUGE WIN)

MayLee is probably our most sensitive child and is the "Saver". She has the biggest struggle when I “clean” her room.. 

The other day She was wearing her very most favorite pair of pajamas. Sentimental because she got them for her sleep study. They are extremely small and show off her bum. So I told her “honey this was the last time wearing those jammies” she was super bummed and said “well, then can we save them for my kids?” (Like in my cedar chest) Jeff and I burst out laughing and she burst into tears.. There was a lot of bursting apparently... hahaha!!! 

Fail. 

Christmas puts us on edge. Especially when Asher Crasher takes an entire 2 liter and drops it, which explodes and shoots across the floor..... in the grocery store. Clean up on isle 6. 

Fail.. 

Now, I realize that the ratio of wins to fails in low.... But we just like to keep it real. I might also add, this happened in 4 days. So I if I wrote down each day as it played out, it would make your head spin. (at least that is what mine does)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The styrofoam cup.. .eeewww! I loved this post! Hope this coming week brings you more wins than fails!