Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

This is the LIFE

Well if you haven't noticed we have been MIA. I haven't answered the phone or blogged and people have been a little worried about us... We have been vacationing in Florida for the past ten days... Oh and while Utah has had weather in the 50s and 60s it has been in the 90s for us.... So this is the low down on the trip.. just the high lights cause I don't want to bore you with the nitty-gritty details... But remember this is my online journal so this might bore a few of you...

Saturday- The first time we have ever flown with kids and one with special circumstances.... Mind you, I have been calling the airline and packing for weeks....
the kids did great on the plain no stress, Gator slept...
Sunday- We went to church with Ryan, Lisha and Gracie- Everyone thought the girls were twins.. You really can't tell them apart from behind...
Monday- we hit the zoo... it was amazing to see all those animals moving around.. I am used to seeing them sleeping in their exhibits and not really moving. We fed the Giraffes and the Bonobos were in heat... That was a little weird to see monkey action... I think it was a little freaky to Ry who later at dinner tells uncle Ryan "We saw nipples today at the zoo" the pictures will explain everything...
Tuesday- we played at the beach. Gator ate sand and drank the ocean... Ryleigh would spend all day swimming if we let her...
Wednesday- Ryan and Gracie came to spend the day at the beach with us and Jeff and I burned..Some how we kept the kids from getting burned...We saw a guy catch a sting ray... Ryleigh has no fear of the water...She was so funny because she would jump in unassisted and kick under water like crazy and have these huge wide eyes and almost drown but come up smiling and happy and then do it all over again.. I need to get this girl in swim lessons quick...Gator loves the water too... I would try and get him to just hang out but he wanted to be right in the water with the rest of us...
Thursday-We decided to go and see the Dolphins, it would have been really cool if Ryleigh hadn't woken up on the wrong side of the bed and you actually got to touch them or something... Then we met the fam at the light house where we climbed 212 stairs to the top...What a view! Ryleigh got to go to dance with Gracie... She loved it... Jeff and I met a family who just got to bring home their little boy Sterling who also has HLHS and is doing pretty good... He has had some set backs, that seems to be the trend with these kids.. He seemed so little compared to Gator.
Friday-Jeff, Ryan and the girls went Kiaking while gator and I slept... We also ate at this crazy fun place, I have never had crayfish before, it was all yummy. After we got the babies to bed we stayed up late playing cards...
Saturday- Shopping for Gracies Birthday and swimming at the neighborhood pool... It was the most amazing pool for a neighborhood... It had a water slide and a splash pad all connected... WOW!!
Sunday-We spent at Magic Kingdom.... It was amazing the girlie's loved it and Alex was totally enthralled with everything... \
Monday- We went to Animal Kingdom.. It was cool, but not as cool as Magic...
Tuesday- We spent a couple hours at Down Town Disney and then the travel home...

It is so nice to be in our own beds and we are trying to adjust back to our time... I am catching up on hair and laundry and Jeff is catching up on work... I can't believe how much my garden has grown since we've been gone.. I need to go out tomorrow and weed, then I will take a few pictures to show you the progress...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! I LOVE florida! We missed you at the meet and greet! I just want to tell you how I think you are great. Did you ever have a melt down? You are so positive and happy! I am so impressed! So glad that heart babies and heart moms have you to go through all of this with. You are an inspiration!
Much Love,
Tami (and Thatch too!)