Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fifteen Minutes

This little boy said to his dad..."Daddy, I think I want you to take the training wheels off my little bike so I can learn to ride it tippy" So they found some time on a Saturday afternoon about three weeks ago and it went something like this.
Okay buddy, you can do this... I am going to hold on to you, when I think you are good, I'll let go...
Don't let go Daddy.......
If I don't let go then you won't learn how to ride it.... 
I got ya!!!! 
You are doing so great.....
Gator says "I am awesome at this!!!!"
 
K- I am letting go...  
And he took off and had it all figured out in about fifteen minutes... If you kind of scoot on it to work up speed then you can start easier.
He is a pro now.
He wants to go out everyday and ride in the front yard. I am so proud of him. We had to talk him off an emotional cliff once or twice when he wasn't perfect at it the first time he tried... Those little feelings of frustration are not new, but learning to keep on trying is hard. Both Daddy and I kept saying how we thought it would require so much more. He just got it  I am hoping reading and other tricky things come this easy to him. Ry is really quick at picking things up... Gator, is quick too... just delayed because he usually has a road block he has to hurdle first (like a broken heart). So once the I'm ready and mature enough to do this happens then he just does it! Munchie seems to be the same... She is talking so much and signing a ton. It sure does make it easier on this momma!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: