Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Garden Delight and other delish things.

Today was a pretty typical day around the household! There are just a few things that cracked me up that I want to remember... For instance... My veggie garden consists of three tomato plants, a row of peas, a row of beans, a row of raspberries and the most gihungus rhubarb plant! I really like rhubarb... When I was little, we visited grandma and grandpas' house... They had tons of yummy treats growing right outside... I picked raspberries, ate corn on the cob, green apples and cherries (till I had the runs) and they had rhubarb. I like it with salt! Yummy.... My folks grew it too.... so it is a family tradition and I am sure my kids will want to as well. I had a huge piece today and Munchie and Gator were in heaven. It was awesome... The neighbor boy who thought it was celery even loved it. For a later snack we had graham crackers dipped in milk... I think this is an all time "think of my mom" comfort snack! This is a typical dessert for my mom! Munchie dipped and dipped, till the cracker was so soggy it kind of melted on the table. So she would just bend over the mess and hoover it! I think my Munchie shares my adventure for food. Not so much Gator with his oral aversions and obvious dislike for anything green or good for you; and Ry who is going through the weirdest picky eater stage... Munchie is my kinda girl... She will try anything... even wall materials . All this talk about yummy food makes me kinda hungry for some good stuff.... Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers in vinegar, green beans straight off the vines, mush(cream of wheat) with squishy lumps, toast with sugar on it, Green apple Punch Bags from the Ideal Dairy(Richfield shout out!), slushies with home made soft serve, cheese curds, and raisin filled cookies... I need to go visit my grandparents!!!!! Also, I need to finish planting my garden and hope it grows really fast so I can have some of these things on a regular basis.

No comments: