Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy accident

So I decided I needed a new look. I have always wanted to go platinum, so I started researching Pinterest and scouring the internet to find a platinum curly girl, with my same curl pattern and length. I looked for ages and finally found this awesome photo of Kimberly Schlapman, darling right????.....  

It was shorter than mine but the ONLY thing I could find and pretty much the same curl pattern, hers being a little looser but overall the same. So I planned... When I get an idea, I kind of have to go for it because I will chicken out. My friend who does my hair offered and offered but I was always so busy, or then she was busy and I finally just decided that I would do it without help...
 Before....
 After.....
Styled, completely dry but not the exact color because I hadn't toned it yet. I was devastated. Mostly because, as I was washing it out in the shower, great big globs of chemically burned off hair were coming out in my hand. And when I normally see a great bunch of curly squiggles were long noodles...

My black shirt was covered in breaking off hair. I was not an invincible hair dresser at all. My curls, that I use to despise as a child, but are the only thing that gives this girl a little confidence in her otherwise super flawed appearance, were gonzo....
So I text my boyfriend/hubby...




He helped..

Diane was over and saved the day with the kids. I was able to go to the beauty supply for toner without all the short people in tow.

I took the shears and chopped off 9 inches before I toned it. 
 Now the color was better, but I needed my friend Missy to fix the cut.
 Still fit in a pony tail.
 She tried to save as much as possible and I adore her for it.
 Another 3 inches came off...
 Then I styled it the next day and purposefully textured it. I took off ends that still looked frazzled and  gave it the last bit of shape.
 So the lesson is....

#1. I am not invincible and should probably wait for help...

#2. There is a really good reason there aren't any long platinum curly girls with a WO! WHITE FRO.... Because curly hair is super fragile and can't handle the stress & decolorizing, and you will either burn it off, or loose the curl.


But after all those tears, I am happy to report that I am feeling a lot better. I had to get a keratin rebonder. Which I am convinced brought back the curl. I am mostly thankful for everyone's kind words... That has made this a happy accident, after all. 

plus now, I get to check this off of my 'Live List'...

Our shower was not happy, this huge hunk of nasty bleached hair had to be removed for the drain to work again. yuck-o

4 comments:

snosrap5 said...

I normally don't comment just quietly follow along. Love your youngest, he is a hoot. I will say your new style and color OMG!! Beautiful! You look fabulous! Own it cause you look amazing. Have a great day.
Eva

Trisha said...

I actually love the shorter length! Sorry for the drama to go through to get there. But it looks great!

Julie said...

I finally got around to reading this! Once again, I just want to let you know that you look HOT!! I absolutely love this look on you. The cut & everything!

Cindy said...

The new look brightens your face and your smile just beams! I love it!