Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

It’s my birthday!!! February 4-7

We have been planning a warm bike ride for Jeff and his buddy JJ for ages, something always came up. Finally we decided to plan it around my birthday and go to a Vegas Show.... It did not disappoint!
While the guys road into Vegas, Denece (John's wifey) and I took in the sights... When climbing the stairs up to see these pictographs, I tried to not breath heavily so Denece wouldn't think I was a whip. But I sure felt the burn... I just needed to go up and down about ten more times for a really killer work out. I had to stop at a CVS and grab a few things and as I was hopping out of the car, a very nice man told be that I "have a very nice complexion". How sweet is that?




 On my actual birthday... We decided to join the guys for a ride. FAIL!!! I am not even ready to be riding with these pros. It's hard to think of my bike ride in just a couple of months, because I am not ready at all. I am determined to not embarrass myself and be ready.
 I kept asking Jeff, "when does this start to be fun?" I found out it was when I used my bike to get to Geocache locations.


 Since the bike ride was a bust, but laying by the pool was a very cool second option at 80 degrees I opted to not burn my skin to crispness. I am pretty certain the color of the towel was the same color as my legs. Another reason to keep them partially covered.
 We walked up and down the strip to work off an incredible dinner at this amazing buffet. I have never experienced food like this in one location/buffet style. We stopped to watch the lights at the Bilegio... While I was staring away, I noticed this guy walking toward us, with a amp and a mug. He was obviously having way too much fun. *wink* I made eye contact with him and gave him a big smile. He responded by offering me his joint. Which I politely declined.
 I was so excited to see Mystere from Cirque Du Soleil. This guy was roaming around the audience before the show and was so excited that we all had the same hair!!

 While the guys rode the next day we went to see the Hoover Dam




 And Denece and I had to stick our toes in Lake Mead.. is was super duper cold.... Not quite ready for boating weather but close.

We ate at a killer Burger joint on the way home called Hermies... SOOOOO GOOD....                        
It was a really great trip. I needed it for sure. Plus, it was fun to be with Jeff, Denece and John.

No comments: