Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ryleigh's turn!!!

You will never believe what Ryleigh had, has, is getting over. A huge boil the size of a dime on her face by her ear. It was this huge painful gross thing.... I thought that it was a bug bite or an ingrown hair and it just never went away, I even tried digging at it with a pair of tweezers (with much crying and screaming) but it wouldn't get better. I ended up taking her to the Dr. and she decide we should lance the sucker for draining. It was so painful for Ryleigh, she was a total trooper through the whole ordeal. They swabbed it and sent it for a culture that came back with staph -infection, or a boil. We have her on a very strong antibiotic (clinda) and we are also doing compresses 3 times a day with a topical antibiotic. We are a regular RX at our house. Other than that we are doing great. Alex is making the cutest giggle noises now and weighed in at 11 lbs 12 Oz's last Wednesday. We worked on the yard again this last week, it looks amazing. Thursday was Jeff's 28Th birthday. Ry helped all day making signs and writing in cards and she even helped build his cake.... I took loads of pictures I need to download a few. I tried to spoil him a little, my mom and 'lil sis came up to watch the kids while we ran away to dinner. I hope he had a nice day.. We sure do love him....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Just dropping a quick note to let you know we are still here and still reading your blog. Things are crazy busy. We come down on Tuesday to get tubes in Brysons ears. THen back down on Thursday for an appt. for me. Mabye we could sneak in a visit. We will also be back down on Saturday up in Layton. Call me and mabye we could get together one of those many times.:0) Sorry to hear about Ry. Sounds like she is on the road to recovery. Lots to catch up on, but I don't want to leave a novel so I will call you sometime. Take Care. And Happy belated Birthday Jeff!
Jennylin

Anonymous said...

Poor Ry! What a trooper! Who would have thought a 2 year old can get a boil!