Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Highlights

I took my camera everywhere and didn't ever end up taking it out. Sorry for this long-"informative"-minus-photo-post. Christmas was amazing yet again. We try so hard to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and the Savior's birth but presents, family, and parties are so fun too! The kids had such a fun week leading up to Christmas with our little cousin Grace in town from North Carolina. The girls are pretty much joined at the hip if they are allowed. Gator really wants to be part of the party too considering there is only Gracie... I try and make sure that Ry, Gator, and Munchie share her. Gator tried to play dolls and do some things the girls like. Mostly he was frustrated that he couldn't paint nails and get his hair done.. Luckily the girls were inventive and did come up with other games that he could be involved in so he wouldn't feel completely left out. Munchie loved the additional attention of Auntie and Uncle(pickles).
Christmas Eve is traditionally spent with the Clawson side. I love traditions and wait all year for this night when we come up with a theme for the meal which we eat by the downstairs fire while we wait for the elves to bring our Christmas Jammies. This was my favorite tradition as a kiddo and Ry told me this year it is one of her favorites too. Those sneaky elves leave the jammies out on the porch for us to find. I have tried a bunch of times to spot one but never have. They are pretty quick.
Christmas morning We opened presents and enjoyed each other especially with daddy. On a normal Sunday would have to leave early for meetings. Then we went to church. I think it was wonderful to be able to Celebrate our Saviors birth at church worshiping Him. Then we headed over to The Homer's for our other tradition of brunch. I also look forward to this every year. We really only get Cieche'(sp?), tea-ring, and slush this one day a year, so I never want it to go away. If we ever move I will have to learn to make these things to that we can keep the tradition.
We were all spoiled, even though we said to keep it light. It was an amazing day!

No comments: