Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Health fair

Every body knows that free and fun are right up my alley!!! Today I took my crew of four to a health fair... It was so fun!!! There was so much to see and do. We played mini golf, got our faces painted, checked out life flight/ambulance/swat vehicles, walked through a giant colon, touched a real live gator and got free dinner and a whole bunch of swag... But the good/useable kind of swag.. Like tooth brushes, small packages of tissues, color changing pencils, and little electronic pouches... 
But my all time favorite thing that happened was.... 
Jeff called while I was trying to push a baby in a stroller on oxygen and cart the other tank behind me, to top it off, we were trying to do this all over grass. Well... I wanted to hear what Jeff was saying. I stopped our whole convoy for a minute right in front of a cosmetic surgery tent.. While I listened, Alex explored the tent as far as his tether would allow. He was curious and asked the nurse what these amazing clear liquid bags were. And why they had such little to big ones... He was just so fascinated by them and needed to reach up and squeeze and pat them. The poor nurse was like... Um.... Uuuuhhhh.... I finally said, "those are for implants" and started laughing. What is it with my kids and me laughing? He started bawling... Until I said,"honey, they are for boobies"..  Then he bust into giggles. 
I don't know if it was my choice of word (I was in a panic, don't judge) or if he realized what he had done. Silly kid! 



This is Elvis the alligator with Alex-gator. Ry was even brave enough to touch him. 












No comments: