Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Filming

 Alex was asked to be part of a commercial opportunity for Intermountain Health Care. We love any opportunity to spread Congenital Heart Defect Awareness and also to tell those who have done so much for our family, thank you. So it was easy to jump at this opportunity. Alex was also able to invite some of his friends to be in the filming. A huge thanks to Tyson Bates and William and Sterling Davies. (And their Momma's and Siblings for helping out too...) And another Huge thanks to Ninja and his sister. For being instant friends and super cool.

This was bigger than the other things he has done in the past. I confess, I actually didn't understand how big it was. I thought it might be viewed on TV after the news every now and then. I don't think I would have said yes for me to be in it. I don't usually like seeing myself fumble with my words. The filming crew and the all of the other elements of filming were absolutely fascinating. They needed a whole box truck to move around the cameras and gear. We learned there is a neat job (my favorite) called Kraft Services. They brought all the snacks, I wish I would have gotten a close up of the table and all the goodies on the table. It was amazing.

 There was a person in charge of how the boys looked but also that they had all the right gear and props. When we first got there, we forgot knee and elbow pads. We did remember helmets. So they ran right out and purchased pads for all the boys.




 Ryleigh is always a trouper, the little girls go off and play, and Asher brought his bike and I tried to keep him out of filming shots.


 They even used a drone and a fish tank aquarium for some shots. They placed the camera in the fish tank to take underwater footage. I was so impressed. We were so busy at the next location, I wasn't able to get anymore pictures. Annnnnnnd my phone died.
 We have had such an overwhelming response to the commercial. We have also heard from some very neat heart families, who have seen the commercial and contacted me to let me know they connect with us.

All of this is possible because of Julie. Her strong little heart has given Alex so much.


Now that Alex has a commercial under his belt, he wants to try out more film. I have no idea where to start helping him get into show business. Hahahaha!!! 

If you haven't seen it, would like to, and can't find it...

here is the link:

The amazing doctor featured is Doctor Molina!!! She is just one of the amazing people whom we love so much and are so thankful for. The kids and Jeff are in a quick clip in the back. I have never seen anyone flip burgers as awesome as Jeff!!!
He should be in show business too!




No comments: