Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

I may have found the solution

Remember how I was worried about our Sunday dinner turning into an event of full on food fits.... Well there must be something about marinating steak, mushrooms, pineapple, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper, and red onion in garlic and olive oil for 24 hours that makes it all super yummy.. Then cooked up nicely and placed on a bed of rice... Gator had three helpings. It was amazing. Okay so I used the starve him, till a meal, trick.... But... It worked..... Then tonight I hadn't made my menu and made it to the store so we did breakfast for dinner... Blueberry pancakes.... I let Ry make them up and had my back turned for two seconds when she HELPED with the veggie oil. I tried to get it out to where I thought it was about two Tbls... I made about six cakes with this and figured out that it was way too yucky... It took that many to throw in some extra water and pancake mix. Anyway, Gator ate this all up too... I guess I was offering too many snacks in the day. OOOps my bad. I love doing a menu now and often I will add a 'make something new' day just so I can try out a few new things. It isn't anything special, I just made a list of everything I know how to make. I included breakfast items too since we seem to have "breakner" pretty often. When I first did this I only had a few things on my list. Come to find out I short sighted myself because I can actually fix a whole bunch of things. Then I found this handy template from the project girl @ www.theprojectgirl.com. Now I just go down my list and insert meals on the days and find out what I need to buy. Sometimes I deviate from the list a little, and that is okay. On days when I make something like chili or a casserole I split it into two pans and freeze it for another night. It doesn't take any effort to do this. Anyway I got off onto a weird food tangent. I am not a very good cook, I am just a willing one.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Try throwing in a handful of spinach into a berry smoothie. Roman loves this. They are called green smoothies.

Jenn said...

Wow. That dinner sounds amazing. I will have to give it a try. I would love to hear more about your menu, an what it includes... have a couple of picky little eaters myself these days!