Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

I failed!!! SIGH!!!!

Today Lola went to live with another family. She will be well taken care of and she will have a big (doggy) sister as well as two big (kids) sisters. I was so overwhelmed trying to potty train her and Gator at the same time. She got up often in the night so I am very tired.... But, most of all, I have no idea how to take care of a dog. She lasted longer than our kitten and she will be missed (slightly). I can say that I tried and that I know better now. I am a failure at being a dog owner, but I guess I can't be good at everything right?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Em said...

We had a failure growing up. The darn dog would not stop eating things (including my ankles at night)
and went to live on a nice farm that gave animals a second chance (or maybe third in this case!)

The Snell Family said...

No you didn't, I met that girl. I am suprised she lasted this long. You are a wonderful parent, just not to the four-legged kids, and that is okay. Stick with fish, they don't need to be potty trained.
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Dogs are meant to be outside where the world is their potty!!!! you are hilarious!!! Love you tons, A. Lisa

J.B. said...

Seriously, being good at everything is so BOOORING! JK. Gator is much more important. Good choice.

Alisha said...

You already know how I feel about this one. You did great. Better than I could have and hey...now you know that you just need to stick with fish! Right? Fish are friends!!!!!

Maybe Ginger could come for a visit and treat you "real nice". Then you will know that you can take care of a dog. Just not one that is so high maintenance and only comes for visits.