Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Following

I won an amazing HEART bracelet in behalf of Intermountain Healing Hearts, from Anastatia's Attic. A darling little shop that I always visit when we go window shopping at Gardner Village. It is so fun to see all the neat things in there. I buy Ry's tea set there every year for Christmas.
N-E-ways on the way down to pick it up, I have Gator in the back seat.... We are chatting smoothly about all the trucks out the window (darn road construction) Gator is totally enjoying it because he doesn't have to drive.
He tells me "uh oh; Mommy" I am thinking he peed his pants.
Nope, worse, he took a little wad of paper and shoved it up his nose...
Hummmm, we seem to have that happen a lot in our family.
I wasn't too worried until he also said he needed to go potty too...
GREAT!!!
Where do I pull off where I can easily get back onto this crazy road.
HOLD IT!!!!
I finally decided the best place will be the library on 78th... I think everyone decided today would be a fantastic day for the library because the parking lot was full and we had to park clear in the back...
I unbuckled, I grabbed, I ran....
We made it....
I looked around the bathroom while he was finishing his important business.... They didn't have one of those nifty diaper changing stations, no carpet, not even a counter by the sinks... So I took him out of the bathroom and lay him down on the carpet in the library entry... We quickly became a spectacle. I was laughing. I couldn't really help it. Sure enough I saw a wad of white paper. It was too far for my fingers to pinch it out, I recently trimmed off my nasty hair colored fingernails so I couldn't do the mommy-pinkie-finger-pick... I remembered the first aid kit in the trunk and thought it might have a pair of those handy long tweezers in it...
A really nice guy (also laughing) asked if I had attempted the BLOW... I had forgotten how effective the BLOW can be and gave it a shot before running out to the car. Sure enough one big blow and it came within pinch and wipe...
Whew!!!!
Won't be the last I am afraid... Ry's corn, raisin(s) and beads were just the start.
Go to Anastasia's Attic so you can win a cute bracelet too!!!! They give one away everyday in February and so your chances of winning one are really good. Plus they have the cutest little girlie things in there... I just want one of everything....

7 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I would buy one of those little baby bjorn toilets and keep it in your trunk for moments like this. It has helped with the other two, now if I could just get Roman to want to use the toilet. I am going to try again in April when it is warmer.

Heart Mommy said...

I am totally going to get one... Thanks for the advice...

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

Opps! That deleted comment was me. I listed a location and decided I'd better delete it for privacy for all of us. Here is the comment (minus location).

I love that store too. Congrats!

Remember when I last got my hair done and you asked me "what's next"? Holy Moly- I'm going clean over the top. Tons of fun stuff afoot. One of which is helping put together the FIRST blogger conference in the state. I need to call you and see if being on a panel for one of the classes would interest you (it comes with a free ticket for the Conference worth $175).

#2- I'm going to need a hair makeover. I am launching my business and managed to get a bunch of free media. Now I'm REALLY wishing I'd taken the weight loss thing more seriously. But hey, if my hair looks awesome maybe no one will notice all the flab I'm packing!? Is your little sis doing make up yet? Might need that too.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Oh my, the adventures of parenting. CRAZY!!! You have me smiling and laughing and hoping you are surviving!

Unknown said...

Hi, your blog is so real and your family so cute. I wanted to tell you that my first try at a puppy was a horrible disaster. I cryed for 7 months over the potty training. Now we have 2 dogs. The first one, the white one was from the pound. He was already potty train. The second is a puppy(big dog) i keep him outside most of the time and train him slowly. I also have no carpet in the house and it help a lot. So don't feel bad. You can always learn. Maybe a small adult one would be good for a start.
Come see my blog and let's be Mommy buddy bloggers!!!
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Cricket said...

Hey...this is Cricket from Anastasia's Attic. What a cute story. I love meeting all of you and felt so honored that Gator showed me his zipper...LOL.. If you are not alreday a fan of Anstasia's Attic on facebook please becone one. I wouldn't want you to miss out on any of the great things happening. Plus we have a blog too. How did the fund raiser go? I also have a personal blog if you would like to see it.
Thanks again for the kind words about the store. We are who we are because of wonderful people like you.
Take care,
Cricket