Life with a boy and his Hypoplastic Left heart Syndrome, now Heart transplant and partial Liver from Aspergillius. Also, a girl and her Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome, Neuro Endocrine Cell Hypoplasia, Lumbar Hemangioma, asymmetrical gluteal cleft, Pectus Carinatum and two Super Sisters and one yummy baby brother.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Accident Prone Man

Gator is totally accident prone. He doesn't go a day without injuring himself. For some odd reason most of his big injuries happen to his head/face. I think he should wear a helmet 24/7; but then what kind of life is that? This happened in the shower. He was reaching to shut off the water and slipped. I don't even know the whole story because I was doing Munchies hair and wasn't right by the shower. I heard him scream and rushed in to see his face bleeding and his teeth pushed back. I let him bleed in the shower a few minutes and called Ry to get dressed. I grabbed his towel, some underpants and shorts and we headed out the door with wet hair, no make up, very little clothes, and no shoes on him or Munchies. (I was grateful I had on a bra) we headed to an insta-care. I called daddy who would meet us there. Upon arrival the nurse took one look at our bloody mess and told us they didn't do teeth. We couldn't get into our dentist until 2:00. I guess that meant a trip up to PCMC. If I would have been thinking clearly I could have just taken him over to the Riverton Hospital, but I thought if it needed more care we could see the periodontist right in the hospital. So daddy took Ry for the day and Munchie, Gator and I headed up to the hotel on the hill. We got into a room really fast. I have never seen that ER so quiet. The nurses and doctors were great as always and we found out that Gator's teeth would be fine, he tore the frenulem and he bled so much because of his Aspirin and because mouths have a tendency to do that. He was given an antibiotic to ward off any infections that may have been introduced and we headed home. I was scared we might not make it home because on the way up to the hospital the gas light came on in my car. So we had to stop and fill up. Then my phone ran out of battery so I couldn't call anyone to let them know we were on our way. Funny us... Anyway. We did make it home fine. Gator has almost recovered all the the way. His teeth are slightly dark, his gums look better, and he is almost willing to take a shower again.

So, these pictures are of Gator after our adventures to the hospital. I have a few photo's on my phone while at the hospital I haven't figured out how to upload.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Hopefully, they will not lose his two front teeth.