Pages

Life with a boy and his Hypoplastic Left heart Syndrome, now Heart transplant and partial Liver from Aspergillius. Also, a girl and her Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome, Neuro Endocrine Cell Hypoplasia, Lumbar Hemangioma, asymmetrical gluteal cleft, Pectus Carinatum and two Super Sisters and one yummy baby brother.

Monday, March 24, 2014

In charge of the pager

Normally daddy is in charge of the pager. It gives me serious anxiety. Maybe because I am worried it will go off and I will forget what I am supposed to do.....
I am in charge of the dang thing this week and I have turned around twice to go back home and retrieve it. I have dreamt it has gone off in my sleep. I have clipped and reclipped it to my pants (pulls my pants down) then my pants and underwear (I know way too much info on my clipping strategies), I have tried it on a thing around my neck and stuck it in the diaper bag. 
Today it went off!
I was out walking with friends and when it went off I panicked... It's a good thing friends were with me. Tam and Jen coached me through. With shaky hands I dialed the number and when someone answered I said "Hi... I am responding to the page" the voice on the other line sounding very confused said.."Is this neurology???" .. Well of course I wasn't... Shoot... The content of my stomache was turning over and over... "No, this is the number to a cardiac parent pager... We are waiting for a new heart"... He said sorry and hung up... Whaaaaaa? 
So I guess that was just a trial run. I am happy to say I am way better at handling things than I originally thought.. Sheesh! Way to send me into sheer panick. 

2 comments:

Hilary and Eric said...

Ooh I was warned about that but it never happened. Glad you didn't have a heart attack!!

berrymom said...

Holy cow, I think I would have had to change my pants after that!