Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

In charge of the pager

Normally daddy is in charge of the pager. It gives me serious anxiety. Maybe because I am worried it will go off and I will forget what I am supposed to do.....
I am in charge of the dang thing this week and I have turned around twice to go back home and retrieve it. I have dreamt it has gone off in my sleep. I have clipped and reclipped it to my pants (pulls my pants down) then my pants and underwear (I know way too much info on my clipping strategies), I have tried it on a thing around my neck and stuck it in the diaper bag. 
Today it went off!
I was out walking with friends and when it went off I panicked... It's a good thing friends were with me. Tam and Jen coached me through. With shaky hands I dialed the number and when someone answered I said "Hi... I am responding to the page" the voice on the other line sounding very confused said.."Is this neurology???" .. Well of course I wasn't... Shoot... The content of my stomache was turning over and over... "No, this is the number to a cardiac parent pager... We are waiting for a new heart"... He said sorry and hung up... Whaaaaaa? 
So I guess that was just a trial run. I am happy to say I am way better at handling things than I originally thought.. Sheesh! Way to send me into sheer panick. 

2 comments:

Hilary and Eric said...

Ooh I was warned about that but it never happened. Glad you didn't have a heart attack!!

berrymom said...

Holy cow, I think I would have had to change my pants after that!