Life with the oldest sister who loves theater and fashion, a boy who has Hypoplastic Left heart Syndrome, now Heart transplant and partial Liver from Aspergillius, but thinks fishing and electronics rule. The most amazing middle-child-sister-aspiring artist. Also, a girl and her Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome, Neuro Endocrine Cell Hypoplasia, Lumbar Hemangioma, asymmetrical gluteal cleft, Pectus Carinatum who loves littlest pet shops, American girl dolls, playdates. And one yummy baby brother who has a coarctation and bicuspid valve and thinks super heroes are the best.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

First ever post transplant biopsy/clinic day

I had high hopes of homemaking several thank you notes to bring, I would also smartly attach some sort of darling treat. These would be handed out to the amazing doctors, nurses, techs, housekeepers, fellows, receptionists, and many other friends who have done so much for our family. 
Ummmm yeah, that hasn't happened yet.
 Not to mention my list of amazing neighbors, friends and family who we are eternally indebted to.
 I also wanted to get together a small "you can do it!" Item to bring to friends who are currently here at the hospital who need a little extra love. 

Also hasn't happened..

Some day we will have this new schedule mastered. Then I will get my mad crafting skills on and I will be impressive. 

Today we are slugging by, we made it home!!! 

only to have the girls sick enough they shouldn't be around Gator. We shipped them off to Grandma and Papa Homers. They took care of all the snuggling, movie watching, and taking to the doctors. MayLee had an ear infection and was besides her regular Nebs treatments she needed another breathing treatment three times a day and an antibiotic.. She was "discharged" from Homers yesterday and back home with us. We are managing all of Gators things pretty well. He has had more energy and willing to do more at home then at the hospital. 
He even walked halfway around the block. And he took a four wheeler ride with Blake Kapp, one of his best big buddies. 

And... biopsy, clinic and fetal echo later today.. 
Gator was worried about the hospital shirt and the poke. We resolved that with letting him wear his jacket and also doing the poke after he is asleep.. Whew! Results to come:) 

1 comment:

jackie said...

So glad you made it home! Sorry the girlies were under the weather and before long, hope you will have everybody under one roof!!