Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Well we had a busy yet fulfilling Saturday... I felt like we ran ran ran. We got up and Jeff put the Christmas lights on the house. We drove to Orem and hung out while Jeff worked at a neighbor of my folks.... we went to his parents house to help out but found out we need to do it Monday, we went to Ikea to finish getting a few things for the playroom and now we are finally home. Whew! Alex is running a low grade fever and had a really sore bum, I think he is cutting teeth. I did call into the cardiologist just to get an opinion, but they seem to think the same. So I guess that is all for today.

Some people have asked multiple times if there was anything that we needed or if they could bring us a meal. We thank everyone for offering and couldn't think of anything that we NEED! We have however started food cards, these are like gift card to the hospital cafeteria. If you still would like to help us out in the meal department you can add some $ to our card and we can eat on you at the hospital. To do this you call, (801)662-1000: ask for Cathy in food services, ask to add $ to the gift cards for Jeff and Brynn Homer ( card # 01641 and 01642) and the amount.. Don't feel obligated, I just thought I would let those of you know who asked...

For those of you who have linked to us from another family whose child is in the PICU or still at the hospital, you can do this for your family member and get it started for them... It helps out sooooooooo much....


All our love the HOmers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brynn- Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. Just a idea for the sore bum. Maalox, pore Maalox on his bum. I know it sounds crazy, I thought so when I was first told about it, but it is the miracle worker. You will notice a difference the same day. Just regular old Maalox that adults drink for acid whatever, it works amazing on thier bums. Give it a try. Take care
Jennylin

Anonymous said...

Another suggestion for sore bums is a product called "Resinol" it a topial analgesis/skin protectant & medicated oitment we sell at the Pharmacy I work at part time. . .of course it doesn't require a RX, it's just over the counter. It works like a charm! I wish I would have had this for Hope when she would have sore bums, due to her need of being on an antiobic full time since she didn't have a spleen. When I use it on Cole. . .boom, the next diaper change there is a significant difference, plus it has calamine to help sooth the soreness.
Hugs,
Caroyln