Pages

Life with a boy and his Hypoplastic Left heart Syndrome, now Heart transplant and partial Liver from Aspergillius. Also, a girl and her Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome, Neuro Endocrine Cell Hypoplasia, Lumbar Hemangioma, asymmetrical gluteal cleft, Pectus Carinatum and two Super Sisters and one yummy baby brother.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

To be little

I really like Halloween, when I was little my folks really had fun with holidays and Halloween was no different. I almost always had one of the coolest costumes and I can remember what I was for a bunch of them... One year I was a roller skating cat. That year I was also in "My Fair Lady" at the old Promise Valley Playhouse.. I remember going trick-or-treating really late, after the play was over, but my momma was a trooper and took me until I was tired. I got to be one of the best witches ever.. I have looked for pictures of myself in that costume, but I must have been too excited to hold still. It was a huge head made out of foam. I think my dad stayed up most of the night trying to finish it for me... It was pretty amazing..In Washington, we went trick-or-treating with a neighbor (brother Fischer I think) and he made it super fun.. The last time I went trick-or-treating for myself was when we had Japanese exchange students. They had never gone before, everyone kept saying "aren't you a little old for this" Good thing we had a good excuse.. I was way too old but it was so much fun. So anyway, tomorrow we do all our carving, treating, and costuming.... I hope my kids love it as much as me... I still haven't taken their pictures in their costumes... Tomorrow....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy Halloween! Glad Gator is home, some routine is back and you all get to celebrate big time today. enjoy!