Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How handy was that!


After sending Ry to pre-school today, I came home for a super cleaning extravaganza. I really like to clean, especially my house. It relaxes me and make me feel really good. Almost like I accomplished something visible and tangible. I am a huge fan of the Fly Lady who says that "Even housework done poorly, blesses your family" So as I set my little timer and flitted around to various tasks, I had one problem. What do I do with Gator? I thought to myself; "self, we need the boy contained and happy" Contained and happy is just what I got; some trucks, and some books in our dry, newly scrubbed, jetted tub to zoom and play while I scrubbed the cameoed and the sinks to my hearts content. There it was all the time. We have a three butt-er, so there was more than enough room for all of his fun. I also let Ry wear her outfit today. Here is the link to the twirly skirt http://home.earthlink.net/~cornpatchcreations/twirlyskirt.htm and here is the link to the leg warmers http://baublesandbits.blogspot.com go to the side and click leg warmer tutorial. fun! I want to see links to your blogs of things you made too.... I found a new tutorial today that I can't wait to give a shot. I will hold you in suspense until I finish a couple. Until then (or sooner!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So dang cute...and so resourceful too!
Nice job mommy! I am so with you...cleaning helps me stay sane too!

Cynthia said...

I was totally NOT with you until you got to the Flylady part. I hate to clean but I love a clean house. Go figure.

Anyway, the flylady timer thing is the perfect cure for my scattered ADD cleaning style. Keeps me on task and gets me through them faster. I don't keep up with her e-mails and such anymore but my day usually starts with the 'morning routine'.

Oh- and I love the ties in the post above. You sure know how to find/make interesting stuff!