Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

24th and reunion

We spent the 24Th at a reunion. It is something I looked forward to each year as a child and has become some of my favorite childhood memories. The cousins, the food, the laughter. My kids really got a kick out of it too. We stayed in our Hilton of a tent on air mattresses. We set it up right by the river so it drowned out all the loud noises and gave perfect white noise, the nights were perfect for sleeping, cool for a preggers lady. The kids loved swimming. Gator loved swimming until he fell in the pool while daddy and mommy were busy playing water volley ball. One of the "great" Aunties was thankfully watching him and was able to grab him by his swim trunks after he bobbed to the top with his arm floaties and haul him out. I am probably gonna win momma of the year for that one. They also swam in the reservoir while the big and brave did the rope swing. We had grand plans to see the self guided tour of Napoleon Dynamites filming locations but ran out of time. My Auntie came up with some very fun -Minute to Win it- games. Plus we got some great things from the family auction. I am especially happy about my composter. Whooohoooo!
Gator watched. He wasn't sure if this looked like something he would try. Although he did say that maybe when he was five he would give it a go. I don't think I would try the rope swing. It looked way too scary. Daddy said he wished he would have brought his swim suit so he could have tried it out. I was kinda thankful, he is waaaaaay to brave and would try something that would end up with a nice cut or worse.

I asked the kids what their favorite part of the trips were... (something I tend to do)

Ry said- She liked the swimming and the treasure hunt. In the treasure hunt she got a bubble gum machine, a princess painting kit, a train whistle and lots of candy.

Gator said- He liked the house. The house had ping pong and other fun games. He liked when people were together.

Mommy said- I liked the video games and movie on the giant 16 foot movie screen and being with family.

Daddy said- He liked being together too. (actually, I can't remember what he said, but he is asleep right now so I can't ask him)








Saturday we came home but wanted to get in some of the *BIG* firework action. So we met up with the Dumas' and watched them in the park.. They were amazing.

I can't believe that summer is nearly over for us and we haven't even done some of the things we always do... Ry starts school in a week and I am going to miss her while she is away. I feel old. Then Gator will start next month.. Then baby.... AHHHHH life is moving super fast.....

I have been setting some small goals, some I get done, like cleaning out the lockers and linen closet. Some of my goals keep getting pushed to the next day. It all moves too fast to keep up...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: