Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Ooopsie

This is a catch up post. Things I thought of last night while trying to fall asleep. Things that kept creeping into my brain saying "don't forget to write that down!" So here they are written down so I can catch some ZZZZZs tonight.

On New years Eve we had such a fun night. We spent some great time with friends. The problem doesn't lie there. We had the kids at our house minus Munchie (she still needs to be with momma). We got a babysitter for our kids, plus three others, so five kids total. No big deal. The babysitter is really good. She is a gal in our neighborhood and she is one of the faves, really hard to book. Anyway, she may never come back because as we came home and got our little family ready for bed. I went to give Gator his meds. Ry says "don't worry mom, I already gave them to him" She must have figured that she could give him meds because she watched us so many times. I freaked out in my head... I thought we were going to have to make a run to the E.R. for a stomach pump. I usually store the meds up high so she had to climb up and get them. Then we also store a syringe pushed into the top of the meds. This way it is always handy. Ry administered his night meds and I wasn't sure how much she had given. I made her show me on the syringe how much she pulled into it. The syringes were both only 3 ml so there wasn't more than that to give and she didn't re-draw. So freaking out I call PCMC to the cardiologist on call and talk to the Doc. She lectures me about leaving the meds down low and also about not talking to our daughter about the dangers of medicine. I already know all of this and I was on the verge of tears anyway. I only really have two emotions: trying to make it light and silly, or crying.... She was getting the light and I was about to switch over to the tears. They said Gator would most likely be fine to watch him for rapid heart and skip his morning dose. AHHHH. Remind me to have that sit down again, I thought we put the fear of death into her before about medicine. She is too smart for her britches.

Then On Saturday we went to my mom and dad's new Chippery. Are you wondering what that is? It makes potato chips... MMMMMM GOOD! They make the yummiest sweet potato chips ever! The Hubs was installing new cabinets in the office. Ry was amazed at all the interesting things that Papa has been using to get it up and running. She was standing under the scaffolding and says to me, " Mom, what the H*** is this?" I had to laugh out loud and then remind her that we don't use words like that. I think it is time to turn off the cable t.v.. I don't even use those words so it doesn't come from me.

Last but not least

We have been trying to get Gator to say the Pledge of Allegiance. He has been learning it in preschool. I love to hear him sing all the songs he is learning while he is alone in his room. Anyway, he finally told me that they said the Pledge at the Monster Truck show he and daddy went to a couple of weeks ago. (I still need to post on that) So Gator was now very excited to learn the Pledge cause those trucks have magical powers I tell you! This is how he said it...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the nited stakes of merica
and to the plub blix for mmmmmmm stands
one nation under God
indi-bizz-u-bull wissss libberly
Name..... a Jesus Christ AMEN!

He does it so cute. I am trying to film him saying it but he does it different every time.
This was the first time I heard it; it is by far my fave.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am so glad that Gator is ok! That is so scary. I have let my girls help pull meds before but I have never sat down to talk about how serious it is. I'm just glad she told you what she did. By the way, your new addition is so cute.

Becca-Ellie's mom

Cynthia said...

Ack! Sorry about the med thing! Bless her little do-gooder heart but man, that's scary! When the twins were babies, I a fit of exhausted delirium I administered Logan's Digoxin heart med to his twin sister instead. I gave 'him' the meds, turned around to put it away then looked back and saw 'him' acting funny about it- Logan was always so good about them. Yep. Wrong baby. Had to call the Cardiologist on call too. Scary stuff! Glad he is okay.

Love the Monster Truck Hair and Munchie is getting so big!