Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Comings and goings of a normal family!

Physical therapy went so good.. Julie says Alex is a driven little man and works really hard...It is funny to see him work so hard. We just have to watch his color and make sure he takes lots of breaks so we don't over work him... Ry helps out so much with all of the goings and comings of the nurses and Pt and everyone...She is like a little mother. I feel bad because they usually come over for Alex and she wants all the attention...Everyone has been really good about helping her to feel special too! Our little plants are sprouting. Ry helped plant them and we talked about what it takes to get the plants to grow.. A little soil, sun shine and water.. She is so proud of her little garden. We are growing the HUGE pumpkins this year. She keeps asking if the pumpkins are coming soon.. Man is everyone else tired? I haven't been sleeping well.. I laid in bed last night with my eyes closed for three hours trying to convince myself that I did in fact want to sleep... Maybe I have been running on so little sleep for so long my body adjusted... The only problem is that I LOVE to sleep in. I rarely get up early in the morning.. I really need to fix this before the summer and it gets harder to go to bed and easier to sleep in... If anyone has any great ideas let me know... Luckily my babies take after their mommy and can sleep in too... Ry would sleep until noon if I let her... We are really doing great and feel like we have been living a dream... It is so nice to be healthy and happy and not so stressed about Alex's health. With that said, please remember the sweet families at the hospital who are struggling now.. We wish them days like these!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have your same sleeping problem! Maybe it is because we are related. I thought that getting up early in the PICU for the docs to round would have helped with that. Nope- NOTHING helps. I just LOVE to sleep. I have just decided that this is how I was meant to be and that is what makes me special. I think my kids know that I will do anything for them if they just let me have a tiny nap.

Anonymous said...

I too am ALWAYS tired... but I'm opposite...up at 4am and in bed at 8pm. I'm back to work full time and it is not going to get any easier. Lots of Diet Coke for me to keep me going. I don't know what to expect from PT when they come to work with Owen, but it sounds like they really do work them out!!

Congrats on the sprouting plants!!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I have your sleeping issues too, but it isnt because we are related, it is because we are moms! The grocery list and the chore list go through my head like a horroble loop and that is why I dont sleep.
XANAX is the answer!!
GO XANAX!
I am just kidding.
This is in no way an endorsement for pharmaceuticals jibber habbe jabber jibber legal jargin yadda yadda....
Tami mom of Thatcher (TOF)