Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I knew this would happen at some point!

During this entire pregnancy I knew that at some point I would have a very curious child on my hands. Now that I am 38 weeks preggers I thought I was off the hook.

NO SUCH LUCK!

At dinner tonight the conversation went something like this....

R-"Mommy will the baby be eating your food?"

M-"Yup, everything the baby needs right now comes from inside my belly"

R-"Well then, how did the baby get in there?"

M-(I thought about that for a second... I don't want to offer too much or too little information. I want it to be accurate and honest, but not over her head) "It's kinda cool" I tell her "babies start out very little, like a seed. Then they begin to grow and grow. On the outside it is hard to tell that there is even a baby in there because it just looks like a very big belly. When the baby gets big enough then the mommy and daddy go to the hospital and the doctor takes the baby out."
By this time I am hoping I haven't under done it....

R-"Huh, that is what I thought"

Whew! She took that explanation and I didn't have to go into more detail about the "seed" right now. This would be information I wouldn't mind her sharing, or that if she was the one receiving the information, having it... I think I dodged a bullet today...

If anyone out there has a better explanation that they would use on a kindergartner.. I am all ears.

No comments: