Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

So much to do so little time....

Gator started Preschool!!!! Can't even believe that he is old enough to go there. I did great he did great and I am sure that this is the start of a very wonderful time for him. Now, here are my concerns as a heart momma.
1. For two hours he is in the care of another individual who is highly qualified and extremely careful, but it would kill her to have anything happen to him on her watch even though things happen on my own watch. So although I trust her completely I hope he doesn't do any health naughties while at school.
2. He is going to get sick, I already know this. I am just not sure what will come first and as we enter respiratory season the idea of how we will make this work is a little unnerving.
3. I am having a hard time teaching him to listen to his body. To try and do things for himself. I recently was chatting with a friend who told me about a culture that teach dependency on the family, they spoon feed their children until they are teens. This is good in their poor culture because it enables the family to work as a unit which then means everyone is taken care of. However, in the states we teach independent living. Our children are supposed to feed, bathe, dress, understand and advocate for themselves. I feel like maybe I am not pushing him enough to do these things. I guess I just need more time. Good thing he is little enough to be molded a little more. LOL!

After school I asked him what he talked about in school and he said..... "Not Jesus".... I had a good laugh.. Because, when we ask what he learned in nursery at church he always answers "Jesus". This is the perfect answer because, isn't He what church is all about? I guess for school not so much. After just one preschool class he is singing the welcome song of, "Good morning to you, good morning to you" Also, it must be a good sign that things went well because he asks every night if tomorrow is school for him too? He is also very excited because he wants to bring Monster Truck for 'show and tell' (Monster Truck is his pet frog)...baaaaaa, so many neat things for him.

ALSO!

Ry had a birthday! Shout hurray!
On her actual day it was a little low key because this is a friend party year and we are planning a huge shin-dig for her day. She is so lovely. Her favorite food is sandwiches, so for her birthday dinner it was a toss up between Paradise Bakery and Sam's club pretzels. In the end we opted for Paradise bakery. ohhhh it was yummy! She really wanted a bike, and daddy did a great job finding the perfect bike. She also got a little bit early birthday from Grandma and Grandpa C., Twinkle toes shoes!!!!!!! She slept with them the first night and loves them... Oh, those guys are pricey... She loves them toooooooo death! So thank you for the wonderful shoes.... Also, she has been reading up a storm and so Grandma and Grandpa Great got her some Dick and Jane books and she has really loved being able to read them. Plus, we know she is a glammer Diva so the earrings they sent were perfect too!

Party day details and pictures to come.

And Last but not least....

Baby... My appointment went well.. I am dilated to a one already. Plus she said things were "soft"... She also thinks that this is gonna be a big girlie, I think so too! A small worry for delivery day, but doc doesn't want her to come just yet. Doc thinks just because she is big doesn't mean her little lungs are ready yet so... I gotta wait a little longer. I have done sick baby before and I don't want that again. So although I am extremely uncomfortable I will be, just to make it better for her. If you see me and ask how I am doing, I will most likely say just fine... I am tired of complaining... I have been doing projects to take my mind off things... I am excited to show the things I have made so far...

Pictures to come....

k- peace out!

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

Brynn....I love you and once again I am so jealous of all the amazing things you have already made your new babe! I don't even have to see pics to know how jealous I will be. Thanks a lot for stealing all the talents and for being completely nice and happy all the time so it is impossible to dislike you for it! I wanted to say thanks for inviting Ellie to the party. It looked so fun when I dropped the girls off....I wanted to stay too! Let me know what you still need for the baby! Any names chosen???