Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A this and that post

Things in our household seem to slow down at this time of year.
That is, until I really look at we have going on and then I realize that we have actually sped up... Maybe gone into early warp speed, when everything around you looks like it has stopped... Yeah that's it!
 Daddy has been to and from a trip to install cabinets. He is busy with work and church as always.... He has a gym pass and has been using it a ton.... 5:30 A.M. comes really early to me, but he gets up to do that spin class. Whew! He is just 8 pounds away from his goal weight!
I had another ultrasound to determine the size of those pesky cysts... The techs couldn't diagnose, but things looked different from last time and I think it is different "good". I won't be able to chat with my Doc till she gets back from a vaca. I am assuming that things look stellar enough not to worry for now! I have had a few weird side effects, I just bring them up to her when I get a chance.
Choir started back up for Ry and she loves singing, she is not yet sure she wants to perform... Silly, all that work at rehearsals to not even be in the performance....I know she gets that stage fright thing from me! I am a total Shower Diva, don't ask me to sing in front of anyone! Ry Ry has one more basket ball game this Saturday and her season is over. She has a natural ability and plays hard. Being her first year she has really improved over the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately it is not her love. Dang-git. She thinks she would like to try an art class next. I will have to see what is available. She also started piano lessons. She really loves this and can't wait till she is playing little songs. We got a beautiful hand-me-down(pretty much perfect) piano from Daddy's wonderful Grandparents and the kids love having it in our home! I took lesson's as a child, not enough to play for anyone but enough that I sat down and played a couple of the Primary songs and Hymns that don't have sharps or flats. That shocked Daddy who asked if it was me playing? I guess after ten-ish years of marriage he never knew I could play a little. I am kinda sneaky sneaky like that! Hehehe!!!
Gator told me today that he learned about Ground Hogs in preschool and we are having six more weeks of winter. Then he went on to ask if that was when we actually started winter or if that was from this day? We have had such a dry winter that I am sure he is confused on that matter. He has this gnarly scratch on his nose from a carpet burn that I have wanted to pick the scab off of. I left it alone...... He got in the tub and it soaked right off! I was so thankful I didn't have to tie him to a chair and take it off!  I am not usually a scab picker, I am more of a sunburn peeler... can't really do zits on others either!!!EEEEWWWW. This scab was right in the middle of his face and I am sure it was right in his line of vision. It was bugging me on him, I am sure if it was on me I would have had a melt down.
Munchie is full of life. She is a climber. She found out how to climb onto our blanket chest and throw herself over the side of the couch and then slide off like it is a a gymnasium or something. I can see this summer being very busy for a certain little person and her momma (the chaser). We have levers for door handles and she is so tall that she can now open all the doors in our house. I have to make sure that we are locked in, or I am sure she would escape to find some other house to play at. Munchie is extremely stingy with her smooches. It has to hit her in just the right mood to pass one out. She almost never offers one. The older two are always determined to plaster the little thing in kisses and she doesn't like to be held down for that business; I tell you what! Recently, she will wag her finger at them after one of these attempts and tell them..."NO NO NO!" Munchie loves her pink blanket! It is one of those silky on one side, super softy the other... Just like yours Gracie! She carries it around all day long. I guess I am going to have to buy a couple more for Valentines day for her. She carries it through hair piles and other yucky things and I have to wash it a couple of times a week. The hard part is that she wants it for naps and we have to borrow Gator's green snugly blanket until hers is washed and back to her. I thought she would love a stuffed animal,  NOPE  it's this hand-me-down blanket that she fancies.

Next week is heart week! I am taking Gator and Munchie to Taylor Andrews tomorrow for a fundraiser kick off !!!! Go TA! It should be a busy week.

No comments: