Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week in review

The summer days are winding down. I have toyed with the best time to start getting into our school routine just so it won't be such an adjustment when school finally does start. It shouldn't be too hard right? The problem is I love to sleep in and so do my kids. I have trained all my kids to be just like me. Daddy can't sleep past 8 without his eyes bugging open and worrying about all that needs to be done. Ry can sleep till noon if I let her. The other two can stay till 9 and pushing it 9:30! It rocks for a pregnant gal who loves some quiet time. We can usually work our morning routine without mom and baby getting ready to fifteen twenty minutes, but that is middle of the year no homemade lunch!!! So when we first start we need more time. I think we need to start tomorrow! Two weeks is a good adjustment period.
So last week was Daddy's birthday! He is really into cycling. This has improved his health and he loves the time to just go and push all the distractions out of his head. The Tour Of Utah is an amazing ride that is one of the hardest rides in the United States and you get to rub shoulders with some of the bigwigs of the sport. So on his B-Day he volunteered. Then we went to Rodizio for dinner!!! He picked out a fancy smancy new helmet as his gift.
Friday we went to heart camp. I always take my camera and never take any photos! We had so much fun being with our heart hommies. My dad is the best and always donates a movie night. He owns Backyard Cinema Utah. They have a huge blow up screen and an amazing sounds system. It is a blast, we have even played video games on it and there is nothing more fun then Just Dance on a huge screen.
On Saturday Daddy helped at TOU again. This time he got to see the riders for more than two minutes. They were coming up hill this time. One rider was even fiddling with his jersey, both hands off and going up hill. Crazy that it seemed like it took no effort. I would have been giving it all I got. Then we went to a neighborhood party. I made a salad that was new to me but turned out to be a crowd favorite!! Thanks for that Auntie Lisa!!! How can you go wrong with bacon, cheese and broccoli? The party was so fun, especially the huge slip and slide they put on the hill and the water bottle rocket! Today they changed some things up in our ward and one of my favorite guys Bro Christianson was released from the bishopric and Bro B was put in! Bro C did such a fantastic job and it is crazy sometimes how much we are needed in other places. Bishop and Daddy are excited to have Bro B and know he will do a great job too!
Tomorrow starts a new week! We have a big day tomorrow!!! We find out if we have a healthy baby and if it's pink or blue!! With more coming up stayed tuned!!!

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Saying a prayer for you at the Dr's office! I hope it is a boy for Gator! Good luck getting back into the school groove!