Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

YW and YM walk to the temple

I just got called to serve in the Young Women's organization. I am so excited and lucky. This is one of my favorite places to be in the church. I know I say that about every calling.... Really though... Hurray! Every now and then I want to post some of the neat things I get to do. I am the secretary so I get to float around to every group. Last week was a combined activity and our youth walked the 6.9 miles from our church to the Oquirrh Mountain temple. First of all isn't it cool we live so close? Our youth didn't complain one bit. We even had a special person in mind as we walked that day ( and wore pink). One of our girls was in an accident that required that her mouth be wired shut in order for her broken jaw to heal. Pink is her favorite color so we all wore it for her!!! When we all made it to the temple there is such a feeling of reverence and peace. We know that only good things happen here and we love having that good feeling with us. Even outside on the beautiful grounds. I am pretty sure we have the best group of youth ever!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: