Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Grateful # 7

I am grateful for...

Hugs- 
real good hugs.. I got some good ones lately and I love it! Hugs that build you up and say, you are good and I really think that.. When I was an EFY counselor we mastered the "side hug" this is appropriate for people of the opposite gender, that way I can still give a squeeze in the right way. There is also the squish hug that means one of the kiddles is the cream filling between daddy and I. I like those kind too cause they mean more people are involved:) If I need a professional hug from someone who is above me.. Even a hand shake is a hug... 

Nuggles/snuggles-
My kids won't want to hang with me forever... I love to snuggle and sing songs or read books! I am so grateful for this cozy time.

Arm, face or back scratch/tickles-
I have a cousin who I adore. When we were kids I would ask her to tickle my face. I promised her I would return the favor. Then I would fall asleep before it was her turn. I must owe her ten hours of return.(Jenny, you're the best) Or you know in church, to keep quiet your mom would tickle your arm or back? I am grateful for those times too. I must have passed it onto my kids cause I think they are thankful for it as well.

No comments: