Pages

Life with a boy and his Hypoplastic Left heart Syndrome, now Heart transplant and partial Liver from Aspergillius. Also, a girl and her Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome, Neuro Endocrine Cell Hypoplasia, Lumbar Hemangioma, asymmetrical gluteal cleft, Pectus Carinatum and two Super Sisters and one yummy baby brother.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Grateful # 7

I am grateful for...

Hugs- 
real good hugs.. I got some good ones lately and I love it! Hugs that build you up and say, you are good and I really think that.. When I was an EFY counselor we mastered the "side hug" this is appropriate for people of the opposite gender, that way I can still give a squeeze in the right way. There is also the squish hug that means one of the kiddles is the cream filling between daddy and I. I like those kind too cause they mean more people are involved:) If I need a professional hug from someone who is above me.. Even a hand shake is a hug... 

Nuggles/snuggles-
My kids won't want to hang with me forever... I love to snuggle and sing songs or read books! I am so grateful for this cozy time.

Arm, face or back scratch/tickles-
I have a cousin who I adore. When we were kids I would ask her to tickle my face. I promised her I would return the favor. Then I would fall asleep before it was her turn. I must owe her ten hours of return.(Jenny, you're the best) Or you know in church, to keep quiet your mom would tickle your arm or back? I am grateful for those times too. I must have passed it onto my kids cause I think they are thankful for it as well.

No comments: