Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Grateful #8

Teachers-
I have had some doozies and some teachers that I will remember and love for my whole life. From my tutor Muffet.... Who patiently retaught me to read and love it... To my 9th grade Seminary teacher Brother Richard Livingston. Who nourished a newly grown testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for teachers. Primary teachers, Mrs. Swally in Washington St, Mr. Hodson who gave me my first straight A's (also the last), piano, guitar, tap, jazz, clogg, sewing, voice.... All the extras teachers, Sunday teachers of all kinds. And now the teachers who spend time teaching my children. Who love them and watch over them when I can't be there. Who consider ways to teach them that I don't even I know. Who guide them in their scholastic lives and also teach them the fundamentals of the gospel at church. They are my team mates in raising these kids. I am so thankful for them all. 

Furnaces-
Mock me if you must... On a cold day it kicks on and makes the house so toasty. Growing up we had a loud furnace, I loved it. I could hear it turn on and knew that cozy was on its way. I would find a vent on the floor and lay on top of it with a blanket to get super warm. I know the seasons are changing when the furnace comes on for the first time and there is that smell... So awesome... Besides, I think cutting and hauling firewood sounds really hard. 

No comments: