Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Moving along

There are steps to this process that I have found I didn't know much about. Take for instance... Dental work, we needed to know the last time that Alex had a dental exam and if he had any unresolved cavities or abscesses. These can cause endocarditis and would not be a good mix with transplant. So yesterday he visited the dentist. That office rocked! I called on Wednesday and they got us in on Thursday. We are so thankful to have such a helpful team. He is totally cavity free and we have a note from our dentist Dr. Colton!!! 
We also are caught up on routine vaccines but if we move forward with listing Alex he needs a couple of special ones. A numococal that covers 23 strains instead of just the typical 13 strains and also Menectra that covers meningitis. We are working with our Peds office in order to see if we can get them close or if we should go to the hospital. 
The little girls played with Papa today while I went for the first time to have my braces tightened. I also got cute black and hot pink colors! Can't wait to have my 'grill' looking awesome! 

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

So happy you were able to get in so quickly. Wish I could see your grill and by the time I come at Xmas they will probably be off.

Unknown said...

Cavity free? That’s a great news for Alex. And I hope he can continue to stay cavity-free as he gets older. It may sound difficult to maintain, but with proper care, it is quite achievable.

Brent