Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sometimes


This is the story of what happened during our first heavy area snow storm..
Let me note here, I do not share this story for people to pat me on the back. I mostly want it written here because I want my children to know that sometimes Heavenly Father can speak to us in a fleeting thought. An impression of what would be good and right. Then it is up to us to listen and obey. It is not booming and flashy for their mommy, it's just simply how I would like to be treated.

Munchie and I were just coming home from fixing the tire on the van and grabbing pizza for dinner. It was pretty yucky on the roads. About a block ahead we could see two cars slide into each other. As I came up to the cars a thought came to my mind that "nobody is stopping to see if they can help, If that were me I would want one person to stop" I pulled my van over to the side of the road. I also kept thinking "what can a 9 month pregnant lady do to help?" I really wasn't dressed the right way and I had little slip on flats on with no socks cause me feet were large... I checked the first car and found a teenage boyfriend and girlfriend couple, both okay. The second car also two teenage girls, also okay. I figured at least I could be a momma figure until their own parents could arrive. We called the police and got to work looking for insurance cards and drivers licenses. I had both cars turn on their hazard lights so that other cars would see us. I also had another thought to pull my van more forward and further into the field off the road. Munch was in the van alone but wasn't mad I was gone. As I was coming back to talk to one of the girls, another car slid on the ice... missed my van and was coming straight for the girl I was talking to... I pulled her out of the way (I kinda chucked her right into the snow, ooops) as the car slammed into the other two cars already in a mess. There were some bonks, but nobody was seriously injured. I decided to get back in my van and make an additional phone call to the police. I watched 7 more cars slide off the road. Lucky that no other cars crashed into the mess behind me. We could see that the fire truck was trying to come and help, it was just stuck behind another car accident about a block ahead. After hanging up with dispatch I decided it may be safer for Munchie and I to head home.
I am thankful I had listened to move my own car and also that maybe a big pregnant lady can do something...


1 comment:

MEL said...

Brynn,
I LOVE that story! Isn't that always how it goes? Glad you listened... :)