Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

MayLee's get well station

So now that we have had two tricky kids with health. I really really want to be able to help someone else out there. Here are some of my tricks... The best way to suck little boogies out of noses are these amazing electric nose suckers from Graco... But what Graco doesn't tell you is that it only works on mucus... So you will also need to grab some saline.. It can be the cheapest saline out there.. Drip a couple of drops in babies nose before sucking... We are not trying to drown baby so just a few drops will do.. Gravity usually takes care, you may not even have to squeeze the saline bottle. Then turn on the music, that's right folks it plays music. You only need to put it in the nose until the nostril seals it... Let's not suck brains out.. J/k also hold the other nostril closed so that everything from that side is sucked out... Do the other side!!! Then be sure to wash and clean all the appropriate parts of the sucker right away.. Germs I tell ya!!! I found this handy thing at Walmart for 20.00 dollars... If you haven't purchased the ear thermometer it is a life saver.. Baby temps one handed! The goo gone takes tender grips off without any ouchies. Be sure to wash the skin very good after with a warm wash clothe because it can really irritate babies skin and cause breakdown... That handy dandy otoscope I got from Dr. Mom.com... I haven't been to the ped in a long time for just ears cause I can treat at home with some drops and my kids are happy campers... If it is really bad I take them in. May has to have Albuteral treatments.. And the other stuff is her antibiotic, Tylenol, gripe water, and multivitamin... I also listen to her to see if she is crackly!! She sounds great today.. So there you have it!! Some of the things in my mom tool box.. I take my kids in to see our doctor a bunch still but, hopefully this way I can help them from home more. The very best thing we do is wash hands like crazy and wash HANDs...



No comments: