Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

MayLee update

MayLee visited the pediatric dermatologist to have her hemangioma evaluated. I love good news and that is just what we got. The hemangioma is flat and mostly smooth. This means that there is really no need to do any intervention at this point. If is becomes ulcerated then we will need to put Vaseline on it and call them to find out if we need to cauterize it or put her on a medication. It is true that it is growing rapidly right now. It may continue to grow for a few more months but then it should stop. It will go through a resting period and then begin to shrink. The best part is that to the whole world it is hidden. No body can see it. I think that shields her little self esteem( or mommy's) from those curious questions. I going to post pictures but that is different in my eyes. So if you are offended by teeny baby bum, sorry. This last virus has been a rough one. A couple of days ago May started coughing again and really struggling to breath. We went to Alex's well check.. I will post his stats in just a second. The doctor was concerned that her coloring was off and that she needed oxygen again. Can I just say I love our pediatrician. She is ever cautious and helpful. She was concerned that May might have pertussis. I KNOW!! Can you believe it! This little girl has had it rough. We did an in office Albuteral treatment. I won't admit to the tiny nervous breakdown that may have occurred and required a self medication with a Dr. Pepper but it may have happened. We got MayLee on an antibiotic. Then today the office called to let me know that it was negative!!! Could have smooched the lady through the phone!!! Pertussis is a stupid word... (Gator is gonna kill me for saying a naughty word) it's okay stupid stupid stupid... There, that feels better... She will still need her MRI... It will be a crazy week when it rolls around. Gator has cardiology on the 13 th and May's MRI is scheduled for the 14th!!! Party at PCMC... Of course we will be posting results here...
Gator is getting..... Older??? He weighed in at 41 lbs 2 ozs (22%) and 41.7 inches tall (<1%) . That is just him I guess!! His sisters will tower over him!



No comments: