Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Grateful #3

While I am going to make an effort to include a family post and some pictures... I thought I would do another round of my gratitude posts. Tomorrow (or in the near future) I am hoping. 

I am thankful for:

Sleep-
I really really like to sleep. One day when the cares of the world aren't so pressing as they seem now, and the baby is happy to sleep soundly in her own space and not next to her groceries. One day when naps don't mean hurry and get what can't be done while the baby is awake done... I will sleep. I think. I will nap. I will not have brain haze from many nights of staying awake only to listen to breathing and hoping they are. Or holding a fevering child. Or sleeping in useless incraments.. Because really, what can 25-30 minutes really do for you. One day I will share my bed with only my husband.. And not have a horizontal child with their toes in my nose or head in my back. One day I will not day dream about a full eight hours, or look haggard.. I am sure I might miss these nights and weeks and years of unrest.... Maybe... Most likely NOT. Wish I could right now. 

Chocolate- 
All kinds of its loveliness... Especially cookies.. While pregnant with May I craved it and it hasn't left me.. It might be the sleeplessness.

Cold water to drink or water with ice-
So refreshing, cooling as it goes down. It is so perfect when your mouth is dry. When I am super thirsty... I turn on the sink and drink right from the faucet. Just like when I was little... The bonus is, no cups get dirty!

New underwear-
It always feels like an extra special day to wear brand new undies.. Nuf said!

Techno toys-
iPod, iPad, wii, computer, fancy TV's, smart cars, smart anything. Such an amazing time to live with all these amazing tools and toys:) 




No comments: