Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!!!

For The first time since April 25th Brynn finally got to hold her little one again! What an exciting day for our family, we have waited and waited for a chance to hold him in our arms again, and were very grateful that it happened this day. We came to the hospital at 8:00 this morning, and they decided to pull out the chest tubes, and also to cut out the stitches in his chest. He is making so much progress now and we are so hopeful! We also found out last night that he had moved to a different room in the PICU so he could be paired with another patient, and we also learned that they had removed his ART line (The line they would draw blood from to check his blood gases). He just looks so amazing to us, we feel so blessed to have such beautiful kids.
As usual dad slacked on this occasion to even get mom as much as a card, but I hope being able to hold Alex again made up for me being a slacker dad. Even though I didn't do the card thing I hope Brynn knows that I love her and am so thankful to have her as the mother of my children, and my best friend. Thanks Brynn for being such a great mom, Ryleigh, Alex, and Me all love you and are happy to be able to call you MOM. Love Jeff, Ryleigh, & Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day!! I tears are just streaming down my face!! I am so glad that Brynn got to hold him. That is a great Mother's day gift.
You guys are so lucky to have each other. You are very blessed for that. I really miss you both. But my thoughts and paryers are with you.
Lyonel wanted you to know that he fasted for Alex today. He felt that was one way he could send his love and support for you and your family.
Thank you both for all you do for us. You are truely great friends! We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the tears streaming down! That is the best Mother's Day present that you could have received! (thanks for giving us the gift of hearing about it- way to keep up on your blog:-) I know you all have been so anxious to just get your arms around Baby Alex. I am so glad that it happened today!
As always, we love you, we pray for you, we think about all four of you constantly and we feel so fortunate to be your friends.

Anonymous said...

Tears are flowing here too! What an amazing gift. I don't think you'll ever forget this special day!! Thank you, thank you for sharing this journey on your blog so that all of your family and friends as well as total strangers like myself can bare witness to your miracles, strength and faith! We're cheering for you and wishing you all of the best!!!

Love & hugs,
Joni, Todd and kids (Kyle, Brittany, Aubrey and Rylie)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, We're glad things are so well on mother's day for you guys. Stay strong and enjoy your blessing this special day. Someone told us once going through Brinley's heart repairs, "That a true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your HEART". We hope and pray that Alex will get to come home soon.

Mike,Rebecca & Brinley Patton

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!! Ditto to what everyone else has said. WE are so happy for you guys. What an amazing day. It seems like once they start making those steps they just seem to begin rolling forward. HOpefully it won't be too much longer before you will be on teh 3rd floor and then heading home. We love you guys. Way to go!
Jennylin and Eric

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful mother's day present to get to hold your little guy. He looks good and looks like he's getting bigger. I am so glad he's progressing so well. What a little fighter!! We love you guys.
Love,JJ

Anonymous said...

Tears here also, I'm sure your soul was just aching to hold litte Alex. I remember feeling that way when Brennan had his surgeries. Congratulations, keep up the good work Alex, we love you! Love the Brown's

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!! I know how happy I was when I finally got to hold Carson, and it was a much shorter time than you have waited. I'm so happy for you, I hope he can stay in your arms all day!!