Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Discharge that super star patient

We loved our nurses and think they miss us when we go, from daddy who teases to mom who giggles and makes it more of a girls night out, we LOVE them all. May is a rock star, she is doing so well that we were sent packing. She is still on oxygen and we are staying on top of pain. I learned how to do a mud flap dressing. We are home and organizing supplies and of course snuggling. I have to make up for the last 48 hours of not holding her. We go back next week to get stitches out. It is amazing to have her doing so well. It is one of those many miracles that we get to have and be thankful for. The older kids have been with aunties Lisa and Averee during the day and loved every minute of it. I am ever thankful for them for their ability to step in and help. It seems like such a burden is lifted knowing that they are taken care of. Mom and Dad have been so awesome to organize the details so I don't have to think twice. It is extra amazing because both of the grandma's have taken time to learn Gator's meds and how to give them. It is tricky business to be family with us. My other sister on mission in Cali has prayed and fasted for her little niece. How lucky are we to have those special things done for us. And we have felt extra special from all the pink. I know such a simple thing seems impractical, but it shows us that the support is tangible. My eyes leak a little when I think of it all... Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing. So did MayLee... She knew she would be a reason to smile and a reason to love even if her little body had to be in pain and her mommy and daddy's heart would just about break to see her sick. I am so blessed. It is always a reminder to me when we spend time in the hospital, that it isn't about me. The best place to "find" myself is doing good for others. That everyone has something that is hard for them and that someone out there has it harder than you. A momma we shared a room with, had a teeny baby who wouldn't eat. Last night while it was quiet,(she must have thought i was snoozing) you could hear her quiet sobs and sniffles. She was so overwhelmed/hormones that she just bubbled over. I finally asked if she was okay and we chatted for over an hour about her struggles... When we finished she said she felt better about everything but we hadn't talked about me. I told her its okay because I have so many of you who listen to me regardless of if you want to or not:) thank you with all my heart! 


2 comments:

K.J.D.L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K.J.D.L said...

I don't own any pink, or I would totally be bombarding you! We love you guys! You are an example of how to handle trials happily and gracefully. I feel so lucky I got to adopt the Homers as part of my flamy when I married Ches.