Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Day of recovery

We had an eventful night full of feeding and vitals. It has been a trick to keep her as flat as possible especially since she is a nursing baby. I have gotten pretty creative how I feed her. We laugh and call it gymnastics...(wait did I already write that?) Daddy would like a picture of the whole thing but it isn't very modest and I don't want everyone else in the world to see my "blessings". We are talking about a wagon ride... The surgeon came in and looked at her incision. He wants the dressing changed often. Also wants to have it kept as clean as possible. She had a sponge bath and yummy lotion rubbed on her sweetness to keep her smelling delicious. My Relief Society President Alison and her wonderful counselor Annie, came up for a visit and a hug. They were there for the suppository to wake up her bowls... And then for the expelling:) Good thing they are both mom's and have seen their share of hospitals in their own lives. We have been a little baffled at May's lungs. Her Sats are low, but her color is beautiful. She doesn't have strider or crackling. It is such a mystery. We have begun some of the testing to see if we can rule some things out while we are here. It is planned to have and x-ray and then to also take some gasses. There is a worry that we won't get conclusive answer this close after surgery. It may take time for her to heal until we can figure out what to do about those tricky things.... I always wonder why the world continues to progress while we feel like it stands still while we are up here. I did pay our mortgage...whew!!!! We are so thankful for this hospital. Last night for dinner we went to the beautiful Family Room. It is similar to a Ronald McDonald house but right on the hospital campus. A darling Mother daughter team from Logan made CafĂ© Reo knock off for dinner.... MMMMMM.... The nurses have all been the best in the hospital I am sure of it... We are just getting better and better....I have the other pictures on my phone so I will have to post those in a minute....

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

So happy it is going well! Thinking if you guys! Wanted to wear pink, but I don't own any pink! I might pass out from heat stroke if I wear fushia sweater! It is the thought that counts right!